Monday, July 21, 2014

Texas Has its Charms!

A couple weeks ago I made a painted wooden house at a class I took from Lisa over at Not Ladylike It was an inspirational class and I even brought home a couple extra blocks to practice and play with. I was happy I did because I painted this one to give as a gift.




On Sunday morning I got to meet Melissa from Daily Life - Bits & Pieces She had emailed me a couple weeks ago to ask if I was available to connect. I was thrilled to be able to say "I sure am!" Marvin and I met Robbie and Melissa at one of our favourite longstanding local breakfast joints, the Highlevel Diner. Melissa and Robbie arrived ahead of us which gave us some time to chat while waiting for a table. For those of you who read Melissa's blog, you will know her and Robbie were married in Banff, and I often thought how interesting it is that someone from Texas would get married in the middle of Winter in Canada. That isn't to say that people don't get married here in Winter! I just find it kind of fun that they would choose to, as I know their photos were shot outside and it would have been very cold! She said it does make for an interesting topic of conversation... no kidding!

There was no shortage or gaps in conversation. Melissa is charming, friendly and very easy to speak with (not that I was worried in the least); a truly genuine and kind hearted individual. We shared stories, and spoke of our travels and work. Marvin and Robbie hit it off as well, and if all works out we may be able to meet again in October when we travel to Texas.

I gave Melissa her gift, I know she loves yellow, so it was really a no brainer what color to paint her house! I painted the saying "home is where your heart is" along the sides of the block and told her it was a little something she could take "home" with her as a memory of her visit to Edmonton.



We said our goodbyes in the parking lot, and still chatted after that! It was a lovely beginning to our day!

Here's to blogging friends!

12 comments:

  1. How cool that you got to meet Melissa! She is very easy to hang with - as I can attest to, having spent time with her three times now. What a sweet little gift you made her too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the house block so much and love that the four of you had a chance to spend real time together. I have always thought it very cool (no pun intended) that a couple from Texas would get married in Banff. Love their wedding photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to be able to meet in real life, and such a sweet keepsake for her to take home. Great snap of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great to actually meet up....and the house is a gorgeous gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's kinda cool that you got to meet a blog friend. glad to hear you had a lovely time x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to be able to meet up with Melissa and what a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whst a lovely idea... ir is great meeting up with blog friends

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Gin I just LOVE your painted house!!! How fun to meet up with a blog friend and to be able to give her an adorable gift like that. I'm sure she was thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Robbie & I truly enjoyed getting to meet you & Marvin and brunch was so very yummy! (So were the cinnamon rolls!) My little yellow house is going to look fabulous in my craft room & will be such a great reminder of our visit. THANK YOU! We both hope we'll be able to link up when y'all are in Texas! Thanks for a great start to my Canadian birthday trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two of my favourite blogging friends meeting ... How perfect is that. And yes, I'm a little jealous lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's great to see you back posting again Ginger..and with such an extra special story to tell too. I love this

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my what a lovely gift to give her.

    ReplyDelete