Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 | A Fresh Start


Happy New Year!

I love facing a new year and I have so many things to look forward to. Although it has been several months... hmmm 5 to be exact...since I wrote a post here, I feel really good about this year. I sort of got use to not writing which is strange because I know I have lots to share... my Instagram account is a good indication of that :O) This past month I have been thinking more about this space and my lack of presence and it has compelled me to take a good look at what I want to accomplish this year, not only here on my blog, but life in general.

This is a list of goals for 2014:

1. Blog. In the coming weeks I plan to see what is realistic. I believe in goals, but there needs to be a planned process and I have already started a few things to help this along.
2. Scrapbook. The past year I have made more scrapbooking layouts than I ever have in any previous year (I will let you know how many once I complete my December Month In Numbers!).
3. Read more. Last year I read maybe 9 books which is quite a bit less than what I hoped for. I still have several books I purchased at the beginning of last year, not to mention those on my Kobo, so I am staying away from the bookstore for now and focusing on those items I already have.
4. Exercise. Well, this might be why I haven't been around so much the latter half of 2013! I started working out with a trainer 2x/week and I also took up Kickboxing another 2 nights a week. This really does take up 4 complete nights for me. That is okay though. I'm committed to this one.
5. Meal planning. With all this exercise I have been doing, the weight is coming off, but not as quickly as I want it to. I will start sitting down and make a plan for our weekly menu.
6. Project Life. I finished my second album last week and cannot wait to start my third year. It's got it's ups and downs, but I love the end result.
7. Instagram. I plan to continue posting to IG. It's easy and I have met so many inspiring and friendly people. Plus it's been a great way to connect with friends and family.
8. Photographs. I really want to pick up my camera more often and be deliberate with this. It's so easy to use the cell phone (which I plan to continue), but I found last year, more and more at gatherings or events I did not even bother taking my camera with me. That's about to change.

That looks like a pretty good start to 2014! What about you? Do you have some goals for the new year?


I can see the light shining... 2014 is going to be awesome!

Take care friends!

24 comments:

  1. It's great to see you pop into my reader :) and I wish you a very happy new year! Each one of your goals is something I could work on too! I look forward to reading about your creative endeavors in the weeks/months to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. I hadn't noticed your absence in blog land since I follow you on instagram!
    It's funny how those have become somewhat interchangeable in my mind. But I'm glad to see you back here as well.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Back Friend! Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing more of your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because I enjoy seeing your posts on Instagram I hadn't noticed blog absence! Looking forward to hearing more from your blog in 2014 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I hadn't seen you around but I've been such a bad blog reader that I thought it was probably my fault! Your goals sound great and realistic. I'm trying out PL myself this year so I will be looking to you for inspiration. :-)
    I will have to try to find you on IG. Love that place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you. That is a great list and I know you'll stick to it. Have a great year x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see you blog again Ginger, I need to look you up on instagram. Wishing you every success for your goals xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year. It's nice to see you back, although I have been keeping up via instagram. Your list of goals has inspired me to sit down today and figure out just what do I want to do this year. Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I haven't been keeping up with Instagram, so I did notice you "missing" on the blog rolls. Glad you are back! I share many of those goals, but probably most noticeable for me will be the photography one. I'm planning to do a Project 365 this year - photo a day, but not necessarily Project Life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Ginger! It's lovely to see you planning on getting back to blogging this year. I'm looking forward to it already...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see you back......with a great list of goals.
    Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll be jumping for joy if you blog again, it I'm over the moon you'll stay on Instagram .... Oh I love that foam of communication. It's instant and fun and a great way to stay in touch.

    Happy New Year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year! I'm glad to see you back on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Gin ~ So fun to see your blog pop up in my reader! It was fun to read your list of goals for the new year, and I agree about Instagram. It's a great way to stay connected with friends and family, and I also think it adds a different element to blogging friendships. :o)

    Sorry I didn't sit still long enough to Skype with you over the holiday break! We'll just need to figure out a way to make that happen this year! Happy New Year and all the best with that list of goals! You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lmbo I did a doubletake when you showed up in Feedly! I see you every day almost (on IG) but really have missed you blogging. Here's to seeing more of you here in 2014! Great plans you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm another one who follows you on IG so hadn't quite realised you hadn't been blogging...nice to see you back!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a full list for a fresh start. Good luck! And the great thing about using a reader for blogs, is that you'll pop back in when you pop back on your blog. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So great to see you back in blogland Ginger! I'm focusing on a few things for 2014 - my one little word FUN, losing weight, and organizing/decluttering the house. I've set some goals & timelines that I feel good about. Looks like you are planning for a great year - congrats on the exercise success!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely to see you posting again, and you have been seriously busy on all fronts ... If that pretty photo is anyone to go by, your blog is going to be a great place to visit this year :).

    ReplyDelete
  20. So good to see you blogging again! I missed your posts. Welcome "home" :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was only thinking the other day that I'd been very remiss in keeping up with your blog, since changing to Feedly. Now I know why! A great list of goals. I am a new convert to IG (as you will have seen) now that I have a phone camera worth using.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good to see you are back....IG is so much easier and quicker though. i;m with you on the camera, since getting a new phone I haven't taken my big camera out with me!! Well done on your weight loss and fitness program x x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gr8 ur back! My list of goals is pretty much the same.... although I dont read too often, I really want to start, I need to pick up a quick quirky novel to get me going :) Catch up soon x

    ReplyDelete