Thursday, July 11, 2013

Our Summer thus far...

I thought I would share some photos with you on how our Summer is going... I'm sorry if you follow me on Instagram you will have seen most of these pictures already...

I went for a walk the other day near the museum and I took this photo of our river valley. I have been making a point of getting outside more at lunch time as the summer seems to fly by and this year I am making the most of every moment. I love the fresh air and seem to have a greater appreciation for the small things... like the amount of green trees and blue skies I see here.

 Moving this rock into the backyard took some extra effort... it is the last of the backyard renos and is the water feature that makes me want to spend my entire evening near it... listening to the calming ripple of the water falling down it's sides.

Wedding number two was outside... It's the first outdoor wedding I have been to and it was an incredibly beautiful day... perfect really. Hubby actually took that photo of the releasing of the balloons while I was trying to take some with my DSLR (I had the wrong setting and captured nothing). I love this shot.

We have also been doing some convalescing... Sophie cat has had some long standing chronic issues that resulted in surgery... It's not easy keeping a cat kenneled but we managed to get through it and she is back to her normal self.


I am taking the Phone Photography Project at Big Picture Classes. It's been fun and the challenges are making me see things differently.

Last weekend we had a family gathering for my sister's  25th Anniversary and took some family photos... yep that's my brother in law, just keeping it real.

That's it friends! And how is your summer or winter fairing?

4 comments:

  1. I'm also in the Phone Photography class at BPC but not really participating yet ... Blackberry... crappy camera... should be getting an iPhone this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly looks like you're having a great summer with lots of fun things x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fun things to smile at and I really like the photo on the tilt :). I am with you on enjoying being outside - summer can be short here too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These fab photos were before I joined IG. You'll have to let us know how the phone photography class goes! x

    ReplyDelete