Sunday, May 5, 2013

Storytelling Sunday 3 | May 2013

This is the third year of Storytelling Sunday where Sian over at From High in the Sky has many of us sharing stories of all kinds on the first Sunday of the month. This year she we are sharing those items which are precious to us and would be hard to part with. You can see the details here on her blog.

Over a week ago when I came home from work, the first thing I did was change out of my work clothes, I made a pot of coffee, grabbed my camera and sat outside in the peace of our backyard. The temperature gauge reading +22 C.

We have been under what feels like a long Winter spell... almost 6 months of it...

Even with the warmness of the day the snow is still trying to cling onto the last bits of frozen ground. You can see it there at the edge of the fence.

When the weather changes and warmer temperatures are had, there is quite a bit of exploring to do.


But really I think we all have the same thoughts...


That sun sure feels good!

Right now the feeling of the warmth on my skin and the sun in my eyes are what's precious...

Today I'm making the most of my day. It's suppose to be sunny and +24 C. That sounds like perfect BBQ weather to me!

Take care friends!

Thank you for stopping by and having a read! If you would like to see other stories shared at From High in the Sky, then do pop by Sian's blog and have a look.

17 comments:

  1. A lovely moment of preciousness there, who doesn't enjoy the feeling of sun on them when the winter has hung around just a little too long :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous dog. I so agree about the temperature. I am longing for some nice hot sun to warm my old bones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ginger, I can imagine y'all must be ready for warmer weather. We've had unusually cold spells here this year, all the way down here! It was 39 degrees one morning - only a few degrees above freezing - this past week - SERIOUSLY???? However, the weekend has been lovely sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can believe it because 3 days after these photos we experienced snow again! It's not unusual though for us to have snow fall the end of April and only stick around for a day or two but six months of makes one a little nutty!

      Delete
  4. Oooh - I love Sammy Dogs! We had Samoyeds throughout most of my childhood and the only dog Wookie & I have had was one from my parents. Yes, the sun does feel lovely - thank you for the smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edwin is a miniature American Eskimo :-) I wonder,did your Samoyeds like winter weather? Eddie loves the snow but he really likes the days we spend outside in the summer :)

      Happy you are smiling :)

      Delete
  5. Yes, those warmer temperatures are certainly very welcome. winter here seems to have gone on for far too long. What a beautiful dog you have - absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dog is gorgeous :-)
    Yay for the warmer weather. We are still being teased with it for a couple of days followed by rain for what seems like forever. Will we see a summer this year? We can only hope I guess! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edwin really seems to be enjoying the sunshine!
    Great share for today,
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, definitely! I like the idea of the sun as a precious very much indeed. We could certainly use some of it round here..it's a holiday weekend and it's hardly nice enough to even be outside. So, a great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is very precious here too at the moment. Today though the sun is shining and i'm sitting in the garden enjoying it as i type x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to agree with your puppy - that sun sure feels good! Your writing for this one also feels very much like a "Simple Moment" share!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sat out yesterday and thought how wonderful it was to see and feel the sun, the blue sky and the fresh air. Your dog is beautiful and I love the shot of him looking up, basking in the sunshine. Beautiful post Ginger.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely photos, and so glad you have sun and warmth after the long hard winter ....

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely photos of Edwin enjoying some warmth at last. We certainly have had a long winter & the last few days of sunshine have been very welcome here in Shropshire too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous photos Ginger and Edwin definitely seems to be enjoying the sun. I do hope you've returned to warmer temps for good now. Mother Nature tricked us - 2 days ago it was in the high 20's and today it's all of 3 and windy. Enough already! I give up! :)

    ReplyDelete