Monday, February 11, 2013

Pickled Shrimp | A Recipe

 
I posted this photo on Instagram and Jayne over at Paper Wool and Thread requested the recipe. I promised I would share!

It's a recipe from Canadian country singer Paul Brandt and was posted in one of the newspapers but, I'm sorry I don't know which one it was. Hubby likes to rip out recipes and try them and I'm thankful he did that with this because these are amazing shrimp!

Ingredients:
  • 1-2 bags cooked frozen shrimp
  • onions, sliced thinly
  • several  bay leaves
  • 1 cup olive oil
  • 3/4 cup white vinegar
  • 3 Tbsp capers with juice
  • 2 1/2 tsp celery seed
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 6 drops Tobasco sauce
  • Juice of 2 lemons
Thaw shrimp under cool water and drain. Layer shrimp, onion and bay leaves in shallow dish. combine remaining ingredients and pour over shrimp. Cover and chill 24 hours.

 A great appetizer for your next get together!

8 comments:

  1. That sounds and looks lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm looks delicious. Are the prawns peeled?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hun! I posted your layouts on the TM Inspiration Blog today. They look so great in person!! Thanks again for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to pass up on the content of your dish, but you really know how to take a good photo, Ginger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks :-) Will have to give it a try when the boss goes home next month (he hates fish so I will mainly be sea food eating that week lol)

    ReplyDelete