Sunday, January 6, 2013

Storytelling Sunday Three | Remember When...

Here we are, starting a third year of Storytelling Sunday where Sian over at From High in the Sky has many of us sharing stories of all kinds on the first Sunday of the month. She has switched it up a bit and you can see the details here on her blog.

My story is short and I happen to have a layout that goes with it. 

I had these photos from a recent dinner at the "King and I" and as I was looking at them several random memories came to mind, all of which were of different occasions. I captured a few of them on this layout.


The journaling reads something like this:

First photo - Remember when... they were located on the other side of Calgary Trail, a much smaller location, more of a mom & pop style of decor. After the fire back in 1997 they moved to 107 Street where now they are a much larger restaurant.

Second photo - The first time I ate at the King & I, was with Carmen and Brian - I loved it! Needless to say it soon became a family favourite! I can remember taking Curtis once and he enjoyed it too!

Third photo - Marvin surprised me by taking me here for a birthday dinner. I had turned 26 and it was our third date - he knew I loved it! I even remember what I wore, black strappy heels, black linen shorts and a white linen top. We walked to the Fringe after dinner and watched a few outdoor plays.

I do have one other memory - rather it is the one Marvin recollects most and I would rather forget! There was another time we were leaving the restaurant and I was carrying the "doggie bag" with my other arm wrapped around his. We were walking on the sidewalk towards our vehicle and again... I was wearing high strappy heels... you know where this is going right?  Well, I tripped on a crack and as Marvin describes it... "you did a pirouette and managed to not fall or drop the food!"

That my friends is my contribution to Storytelling Sunday this month! Thank you for stopping by and having a read.

Please have a gander at more of the stories for this month over at From High in the Sky!

21 comments:

  1. I've never had a favorite restaurant - sounds like a great place with a lot of memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you did a pirouette and didn't drop the food! Only the best women can do this. pirouetting in high heeled strappy sandals is an art, well do that woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun varied group of memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that the food remained in hand....priorties :-) . Great LO

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a gorgeous page Ginger - the colours pop and the design is perfect for a selection of memories like that I love it. It's so good to see you back storytelling this year; and yes any story at all is still more than welcome. We'll take our stories any way we can find them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some great memories of that restaurant. I did laugh at the thought of you doing what I'm sure was a very elegant pirouette without dropping the food :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your layout and that it tells a few stories about one restaurant. I do think you should add the fourth fabulous memory, perhaps on a hidden journalling card? It's a precious story in it's own right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. But of course you pirouetted - thats what strappy heels are for!! Thanks you for sharing - J xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great layout - journalling is great for memories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Ginger, Happy New year to you. I love the idea of a page about a favourite restaurant, but then I think that this is such a great bonus to STS, your page has sparked an idea in my head! thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the page,Ginger....a great way to document memories of a favourite restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful layout! And a great way to remember a fun night, and many nights before (and many nights to come!)

    I might just be scraplifting this little gem!

    I've never been to the King & I, but I love thai food. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great LO Ginger. Perfect to document a collection of related memories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely to have a favourite restaurant like this and to pull together your memories on a page - and if you ever decide to have your splendid handwriting made into a font, I'll be at the top of the queue :).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love this Ginger! And I am adding it to my Pinterest board because it has triggered an idea! I want to make a page about my favorite restaurant which is now closed... Thank you for the inspiration and the lovely page!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the memories and the LO!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great layout and fun little stories to go with it. We have a couple of favorite restaurants, and this is such a great idea to capture memories associated with a favorite place.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how fun - I'm glad you have photos of the restaurant. One of our favourites has just closed. That last story should go on there somewhere - the back if nowhere else :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I rather like your collection of memories here - and they are so nicely told, and quite beautifully scrapped. Only one question occurs to me. Do you still have a fondness for black strappy heels?

    ReplyDelete