Friday, December 21, 2012

So Far... this is December

Hello friends, I can't believe it's almost two weeks since my last post, but I have been busy like most of you preparing for the Christmas season. I'm off work now for a bit and hope to have more time to see what all of you are up to.

In the meantime, I am in love with Instagram and find it so easy to use as a means of documenting and sharing, plus it's just plain fun.

Here are a few of the photos I  have taken in the last few weeks.

I enjoyed watching "Miracle on 34 Street" and hope to watch a couple more Christmas movies over the next couple days. That is the most recent book I finished and adding to my surpassed goal of 12 books this year. If you haven't read "the Art of Racing in the Rain" I highly suggest it.

I decided at the very last minute to organize a 12 Days of Beer for Marvin. I selected 12 different beer from one of our local liquor stores. I was laughing at myself because I was drawn to the pretty labels. I don't know much about beer, but so far Marvin has only mentioned not liking one of them. The second photo is a new recipe I tried and I was told it was a keeper. The recipe came from pinterest and you can find it here . I added diced chicken by sauteing and seasoning with curry. It is delicious.

I am slowly but surely completing the pages to my JYC 2012 album/December Daily. I started a new job and have since returned to the office building I left 3 months ago.  I missed Henry's so much I made an extra special point of taking as many photos as I could. If you are looking for a gift or something for your home, they offer beautiful treasures. You will not be disappointed.

More trinkets from Henry's. This photo of the wreath does not indicate the scope in size. It is hanging on the wall of a very tall building downtown and when we walked by it the other evening it caught my attention.

Dinner out and then "a Christmas Carol" at the Citadel. There were strict instructions to shut off all phones and pictures were prohibited... I snuck this shot at the end with no actors on the stage, so shhh don't tell anyone!

Ahhh Winter... yes it is the Winter Solstice, although there are times when I really don't mind our Winter weather, it's more the lack of daylight hours that gets me(7 hours 27 minutes). Tomorrow we gain a minute of daylight! This is what I look forward to. That last photo is the cheese ball I made as requested by my sister in law for the family gathering tomorrow!

That is all for now. Thanks for stopping by and I wish you all a wonderful weekend and ease of preparation for the days to come!

8 comments:

  1. You look as though you have been doing so many wonderful winter/Christmassy things!
    How is your new job?
    Your card arrived yesterday - it's lovely, thank you very much and Merry Christmas to you and Marvin ... and the fur babies of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice round up. That casserole looks yummy! And I loved both that book and Miracle on 34th Street.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the thought of the 12 beers of Christmas, I must try and remember that for next year for my husband! I don't think I would cope well with just 7 hours of daylight, I moan about the lack of sunshine here in the UK and even we have more than that! I always like it when Dec 21 has passed and I know we have passed the shortest day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for catching us up with photos. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just had a lovely catchup....have a great Christmas Ginger
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only thing better than following you on Instagram is seeing your photos in a larger format here on your blog. :o) I smile to myself when I see a new Instagram photo from you, Ginger, knowing you love it as much as I do. Haha. I love your idea for 12 beers of Christmas! Making a note to do something similar for Doug next year.

    Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas, Ginger! Here's to us in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My OH would love the 12 days of beer....what a great idea.
    Have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos tell a story of productive busyness! Hoping that you have a wonderful few days and how kind of you to do the Beer festival for One - that's a great idea :). Sending you warmest regards and very best wishes ...

    ReplyDelete