Sunday, December 30, 2012

A New Year is Coming...



I read my friend Deb's post this evening and it compelled me to sit down and write this because she said some things I can relate to. These past few weeks I have been taking it easy on the computer and as this year is drawing to an end I have been thinking lots lately about blogging or lack thereof and it has forced me to look at the things I want to accomplish this year and a couple changes you will notice. 

You may have already noticed but I made the decision to no longer share my Project Life pages. There are a few reasons for this, but mostly I feel that was all I posted last year. My Project Life album is a form of recording my life and I don't really feel it is necessary to record it twice (blog + album). So perhaps I will share snippets from my album or something new I have discovered rather than weekly spreads. I may however share them on my Instagram feed with other poject lifers on the #pojectlife feed.

A big change that happened this year was reading! Lordy, have I missed reading. In 2011, I read two books, "Pillars of the Earth" - which I loved and "the Poisonwood Bible" which I did not like so much. In January this year I promised myself I would become a better reader and without looking back, I believe I had a goal of 10 books (either 10 or 12). I have just finished reading my 16th book and fear I won't finish the one I am currently reading in time for Januay 1st, because our plans have changed for the New Year! No matter though. I have already got my list of books for 2013 and I want to exceed 16 and try for 25! So for now, you may hear me mention the books I am reading. I wanted to do a post of all the books I read this past year, but I might do a layout instead.

Photos. I hate to admit this but I have pulled out my Canon once in the past month. Yikes. Mysteriously, though I have added 1000 photos to my November & December folders. Yes, in 6 weeks I have taken 1000 photos with my iPhone. I will continue to share photos and you will have already noticed a change to my blog header. I will switch them out to give more visual interest.

I have a few other things I want to focus on personally this year and that is exercise and nutrition. I plan to sign up for Cathy's Move More Eat Well class over at Big Picture Classes and take the time to be a part of the community. I am also looking into Yoga and making a stronger commitment to going to the gym.

Other interests you may see are drawing, photography and painting.

So after saying all that, I am uncertain of the frequency of my posts at this time because I have lots of things I want to "accomplish". I will find a rhythm though, this I am certain of.

I want to take the time to thank each and every one of you for stopping by and visiting my little world and I look forward to seeing you in the New Year!

Happy New Year bloggers! And to friends and family too!

13 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you too! I think we all have highs and lows of blogging - but I hope that I will still often see your blog showing up as being updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have great plans for the coming year Ginger...looking forward to seeing how it all goes for you...Happy New Year to you
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking forward to your new rhythm and seeing you in MMEW class. I will miss your Project Life posts - I took a lot of inspiration from them, but also understand... we all move on to new things and change things up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Title! Great to read through your meditations. I think it will be time for me to take stock soon. I need to build up the courage first. : )
    May the next year bring you all you desire. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the header :) Yay you for kicking the reading back into gear, I did as well and have really enjoyed it. However you embrace blogging this year, I look forward to reading about your life of spice. Happy New Year, Ginger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb's post had an impact on me, too. Thanks for your post and your thoughts.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you too Ginger x Loving the new header. I always enjoy looking at your photos and how you present them in different projects. I need to find that rhythm too only having managed 2 blog posts last month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to you....and look forward to whatever form your blogging takes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Ginger and good luck with all your hopes and dreams for 2013 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whaterver and whenever you post - I'm always very happy to read it!

    A Very Happy New Year to the two of you - hope 2013 is everything you could hope for and much more besides

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sending you very best wishes for the new year, Ginger, and for the success of all your intentions and plans for 2013. I know it'll always ne an interesting and thought-provoking read when I pop in. (I'm planning to take up Yoga again too).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Ginger ~ Finally getting around here this afternoon and just read your post. I'm still very undecided about what and when to post during this new year. I feel like blogging has become such a habit for me - it will be a tough one to break, but I definitely need to change things up a bit. I'm glad you could relate to what I wrote. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year Ginger! I'm working for more balance this year, too, and focusing on healthy eating & regular exercise. I've read a lot in the past few weeks (it's been cold & gray, so I've been indoors more) and am enjoying getting back into reading. I'd like to hear about the books you read.

    ReplyDelete