Sunday, November 25, 2012

What's Happening in Your World?

Why is it that November seems like the new December? I have organized myself with every intention of getting things done with plenty of time to spare, but there are things popping up to alter my plans. I suppose that's life and I'm trying to keep some perspective here.

I am busily planning my 3rd Annual Christmas Cookie Exchange and thank goodness I got the cookies made, but I was a week behind in that and now I won't have time to make a fruitcake - something I really wanted to do this year. *Sigh*.

Theory has it purchasing a prelit Christmas tree saves time with set up, that is until you discover several sections will not light up. This results in a painstakingly, 2 hours + of going through section by section, light by light, ensuring each one is working and not going to start a fire at which point it's hard not to give up when you realize you have no replacement bulbs. *bigger sigh*

Having said that, I did have a great Saturday. I finished making the base to my December Daily/Journal Your Christmas Album. I took Nadine's class and we had a great time. I love how the album turned out and I look forward to next weekend! Thanks Nadine!

I do have something crafty to share. This layout was sitting on my art table for a couple weeks and I finally finished it up this morning. It was made based on Shimelle's layout, she challenged us to use this design. I have to say it was very challenging for me as I seem to never use more than one photo these days and it's probably the reason for taking this long to finish it!


On another note, I have my new iPhone and LOVE it! Why the heck did it take me so long to get one??? Anyway, I am excited about all the photo apps and all the new discoveries :)

I hope you all have a great week. I will be back with the second post to my Project Life Series.

13 comments:

  1. I'm tempted by the idea of an artificial tree this year. . .
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. artificial is nice, there are definitely pros and cons to both!

      Delete
  2. Shhhh, we don't even have a tree here ... well, I have a small woooden one, but we are away on and off a lot of the time so we don't bother. My mum has one though.
    You have all that snow already? Yikes, it comes on quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally with you on the "November being the new December"! I think your page is very well done and feels very "Shimellish" ;) with great colors to boot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nathalie!! Our November has been packed right from the beginning and things don't let up until Christmas :) I'm happy to have a bit of a break between Christmas and New Years!

      Delete
  4. So frustrating about the tree. We have an artificial tree we bought 18 years ago when we moved into our house and it is stIll going strong! I know what you mean about November - it has been so busy here too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout is beautiful! I really like your embellishment clusters - which are the parts I'm struggling with on my take... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so great to see you on Saturday! Sorry to hear about your tree, it sucks Ll the fun out of it when something like that happens. Good luck and good eating at your exchange this coming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. November is the new December - I love that!

    You have a great week too

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have an artificial tree but haven't gone the prelit route, Stephen puts on 800 lights and I won't settle for less lol Great job on the layout :0 I am so not envious of your cold bbrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have an artificial tree....but not pre-lit....and I love it.
    The layout looks great....though I'm the opposite of you....and very rarely scrap just one photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous layout! We have two pre-lit trees and have had really good luck with them so far. Last year we had a marathon session to figure out why one section wouldn't light and it turned out there was one bulb missing! Luckily we had a replacement & all was well when we plugged them in last weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is my one worry about our pre-lit tree. We've only had the one bit of snow and I'd say it was about five centimetres. Toronto just down the highway from us though didn't get any. That is one great looking layout.

    ReplyDelete