Thursday, November 8, 2012

Project Life | Weeks 36 & 37

Good Evening! How is everyone? There are lots of things happening around here and I am sorry I haven't had a chance to stop by and visit, but I hope to be able to soon. I am trying to be more organized on the home front and so it means less time on the computer and more time with things that require my focus.

Today I want to share with you two weeks of Project Life and next week I plan to share some tips on how to "catch up" when you feel like you're behind. In the meantime lets move on to week 36 from September.

Week 36
This week is for those of you who have shared your concerns about what to do when you do not have many photos. You will see I included only one picture is this weeks spread. This was the first week where I was only down to one, but you know what? I wasn't worried. There seems to always be something to place in those slots! If you look closely you will see I received a speeding ticket... yes I included it in there and it is a good reminder for me to pay attention. 
You will notice above and below, two decorated mini-envelopes. When I have some private journaling I want to include, I use these little envelopes, which I pick up at Treasured Memories, and slide the journaling in them. Then I just added a couple sheets of patterned papers/Hambly transparency to give variety, along with some more journaling cards and before you know it... the slots are filled up!

Week 37

Those colorful leaves you see in the top slot on the right, they came from Cavalia a show me and Arlene went to see. It was fantastic and I managed to collect those die cut leaves knowing I would place them in my PL album.
There it is. Another episode of PL!

A Project Real Life update: I am enjoying the Project Real Life class and the messages Becky is bringing us about cultivating a better life. It definitely has me thinking about things differently. This weeks message is about living in gratitude, not just during happy moments, but to take the time to reflect daily on what you are grateful for. None of this is new for me and I'm sure it isn't new for you either, but there are things I can improve on and that will be my focus. I have a little book now at my bedside and I plan to look back on my day and write down what I am grateful for. Here are a couple experiences from Tuesday:
  • I start work earlier now and arrive at the office at 0715. Most mornings I think about how early it is and wish I could still be in bed! I watched an incredibly beautiful sun rise and it made me think there are some people who would love to be able to see this.
  • A close friend made me laugh today and I really wanted to take some time to acknowledge how much I appreciate and value our friendship so I made her a card. 
I hope you all have a wonderful evening and stay warm!

21 comments:

  1. Becky's class is sounding a little simialr to one I took with Kolette Hall several years ago. Your album is looking really great and I like that you adapt to weeks with fewer photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy :) I've not taken a class by Kolette but have heard good things of her.

      Delete
  2. I'm doing project life next year, so your ideas and inspiration are really getting me thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra! I have tried to go to your blog several times in the last few months and cannot, my browser always says it's not available :( Anyway - I'm happy to hear you are doing PL and look forward to seeing it! Also, just by following you on Pinterest I think you must be doing a December Daily? :)

      Delete
  3. I really like the way you've done the pages with fewer photos....personally I always like adding memorabilia to pages when I can [and it saves hoarding it in boxes!!]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jacky! Memorabilia is fun to use... but I will admit I usually forget to!!

      Delete
  4. You've dealt with the lack of photos so successfully Ginger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like when you don't have enough photos because you add so much COLOR to your spread! I still haven't gotten to the point of not being afraid to mix and match so many different types of papers and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually - I will let you in on a secret Cheri... I don't intentionally match anything. I kind of like the ability to put it all together and maybe call it... eclectic? I think next year I will not worry so much about creating a kit for this project, but just use the stuff I already have and add to it as I go along.

      Delete
  6. I'm with Cheri - the colour on your pages is so uplifting! I love that you are including everything - including the speeding ticket. It truly is the stuff of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sian :) I seem to really get my fix of fun colorful items with this project! I might try to search for a few different journaling cards for next years PL.

      Delete
  7. Well, it's no secret that I LOVE seeing your Project Life pages, Ginger, and these did not disappoint! Love them! I think it's great that you included your speeding ticket too! ;o)

    Your little bits of gratitude are so sweet, Ginger. And by the way, I think if we were neighbors I would want to hang out with you all the time. You are so lovely. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, you would be more than welcome to come hang out anytime! :)

      Delete
  8. as always these are beautifully put together. I may even be inspired to start next year. If i get organised that is. I'm with you on the early start - i leave home at 6am to start at 7am!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one thing nice about starting early is one gets to leave early :)

      Delete
  9. Your pages are so inspiring. I love the look of project life and am really considering it for next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abi :) It is lots of fun and would be a lovely recording of your university life :)

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous pages, Ginger :) I'm all set to start in January, can't wait - and I shall be taking on board as many of your tips as I can!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your PL pages! Reminds me that I really need to get my album out and work on it. I am like you - if I don't have photos, I'll find something to add! :)

    ReplyDelete