Monday, November 12, 2012

A Couple Remix Layouts and Updates

This post is brought to you by Shimelle's Scrapbook Remix  class.

I have a couple more layouts to share and I just want to say, it has been a bit of time since I signed up for a Shimelle class and I forgot how generous she is in course content. Not only is she giving us 20 different prompts there are also videos showing her process and then added handouts and worksheets. So well worth it. You can still sign up by clicking on the photo above. We still have one week of class!

Now on to my layouts. This one below, I used some scraps which I sewed together to provide a base for the photo.

My second layout is from our trip to Vancouver. I tried this stacking method you see so much now. It's fun to put together a mix of pattern papers, yet have lots of white space left for journaling.
Coming up this week, I hope to have a post on how to catch up with your Project Life and soon I will have a post where I will share my personal thoughts on the books I have read this year!

On the weather front, we did have 25 cm of snow last week and yesterday morning it was -20C. Thank goodness for snow tires and heated seats! Something I do enjoy about winter is the reflection of the morning/evening light off of the snow. I'm not sure how to capture it yet in a photograph and what settings to play with on my camera (any tips are welcome). I hope to take a photo walk soon and maybe have something to share.

On another note... a little birdie told me my BB will one day soon no longer be working... what does this mean??? One thing and one thing only... an iPhone is looming large in the very near distant future. So... I will be in search of all the cool apps... what do you use... what can you not live without? Tell me please!

In the meantime... keep it real peeps!

24 comments:

  1. Great job on these layouts Ginger. I agree - Shimelle provides to much inspiration in her class; I haven't been able to keep up with the prompts, but I know they'll give me inspiration when I have time to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to read and watch what I can and hope to be able to make a few more layouts. It sure is nice to have forever access!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love both of your layouts! I'm loving your stacks/layers! Shimelle's class has been so awesome! I can't believe this is our last week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both your layouts - especially the little 'splattering' touches in each, and the twine you've used (a very little in the first one, and more in the second). Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love these layouts (especially the first one). I haven't seen that many Remix layouts/posts out there in the blogosphere. I wonder if everyone is overwhelmed or if it's just a smallish class.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rinda! I don't know how many are in the class but the message boards always seem to be busy. I have 3 classes on the go right now, so I am stretched a bit thin!

      Delete
  5. Love them! These will definitively end up in my inspiration file. :) Love all the layers, the white space, the splatters of ink, the butterflies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Malin, and thanks for visiting my blog :)

      Delete
  6. I love the stacking method as well...and it looks great on that layout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen it now on cards too! It's sure is fun :)

      Delete
  7. After being away from blog reading for so long, I forgot how creative and talented you are - these really are amazing layouts. I just adore your style.

    My go to apps everyday on my phone are project 365, my week in pictures & of course Instagram - of course hundreds more lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Sandra :) I know I will be in for Instagram! there are lots of classes popping up for this app which shows it's a sure hit!

      Delete
  8. Yes, I was wondering whether is was a small class too becasue I haven't seen too many Remix pages either. These are so lovely - such pretty paper combinations!

    I'm still on an iphone3 which is getting slower and slower - need to get an upgrade I think and then I'll be looking for more great apps too. Hipstamatic is my all time fav

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Hipstamatic is another I will definitely purchase - I got a few people I know with iPhone's to buy this app so I could live vicariously through their pics LOL!

      Delete
  9. Cool layouts! Definitely love the splatters and the stacking. And the colours. And the twine.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love your layouts, Ginger, and I am really looking forward to your tips on catching up with Project Life!

    You will LOVE the iPhone! I swear it is like MAGIC in your hands! App I can't live without is Instagram. If/when you get it, hit me up in the feed so I can follow your photos. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab LOs Ginger?...I just haven't had time to keep up with this class, so it's one I shall be revisiting in the future!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your stitched paper strips - such a great idea for behind a photo. I really must get a move on and catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, gorgeous layouts, Ginger! And yes, Shimelle's classes are so content-rich - gosh, I'm looking forward to being able to scrap again and act on all this inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, gorgeous Layouts Ginger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE both of these pages!!! Love them!!!! Fabulous work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great looking layouts Ginger. I enrolled in the course but then found I didn't have the time to actually do it. Hopefully after the holidays I'll be able to go back over everything and take it that way. :) Looking forward to seeing what you have to say about catching up on Project Life.

    ReplyDelete