Friday, September 28, 2012

Vacation Shots

We are still on our vacation in Alaska with only a couple more days before we return home. I look forward to reading and catching up with all your blog posts, but until then, I thought you might be interested in seeing a few of my favorite sights!

An early evening shot of Vancouver as we are leaving port.

An evening sunset just off the coast of British Columbia.


 Our trip to Skagway was incredible. We did a train excursion and had amazing views along the White Pass. Marvin took this photo as I was just a bit on pins and needles and for some sections of the tracks I stayed inside so I would not see the sharp drop offs!

I loved Glacier Bay... the crisp blue layers were mesmerizing.

There you have it. Now you know what I have been up to! Tomorrow morning we disembark and will hook up with some other friends in Vancouver. We have some plans which include seeing Madonna and then we will be traveling home!

Have a fantastic weekend!

10 comments:

  1. I loved Glacier Bay when we visited . . . a long time ago.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing photographs, Ginger. Glacier Bay looks extraordinary. Safe journey home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your evening sunset....stunning. Looks like a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have time to look at a beautiful view :) I can't wait to here more about Alaska

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to hearing all about it - these are really tantalising ... Hope you have a lovely few days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, what lovely photos! I especially like that sunset. I hope we'll see more photos once you're settled back home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Ginger, love the sunset photo.......although i have no idea how you got on that train! just looking at the sheer drop makes my stomach turn lol!! Enjoy the rest of your trip x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning shots Ginger :o) I'm with Louise, don't fancy that train trip at all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you have been having an amazing time! Have fun at Madonna!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved that White Pass Railway trip and you are so right about those dropoffs. We did our Alaska cruises (2 of our all time favourites) at this time of year too and I found it so interesting how mild it was then. Looking forward to seeing/hearing more about your trip.

    ReplyDelete