Sunday, September 2, 2012

Storytelling Sunday Year 2 | September Edition

Friday my sisters and I drove to see our parents for a weekend visit, and while it is a long drive, it is one that I know well and enjoy.

As we drew nearer to our destination the conversation slows and the music plays... while we continued on the last stretch of the highway I kept looking in my side mirror at the view behind me and that little voice inside my head said "you really need to stop", several minutes pass, "if you don't stop now, you will regret it". So... I stopped, and jumped out of the driver seat and found my camera, racing against time to get the right lens... noticing the vehicles I had passed, now passing me by. I didn't care though... because I got what I wanted. Thank you inner voice!



This photo and story is brought to you by way of Sian's Storytelling Sunday where you can join in on the first Sunday of every month.You can tell a short story, a long one, or maybe share a few words with a photo. Anything goes! You can see more stories from this month here






21 comments:

  1. That is stunning photo. Yay to the inner voice :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. You have really struck a chord with me here Ginger. Last Sunday night we were driving back from my Mum's and the light was so beautiful and the countryside was making my heart sing and I thought about stopping for pictures, but everyone was tired so I didn't do it. I've been regretting it all week..

    A lovely picture story. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photograph. So glad you stopped to take it ... and share it. Irene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and well done. I missed an opportunity like that about a year ago and I am still cross about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so good to listen to your inner voice. It would have been such a missed opportunity.
    I had a similar experience going to work the other morning. The corn had been baled and it looked wonderful in the field in the morning light. I knew it would make me late for work, but I also knew I might regret it if I didn't stop for that photo.
    So glad I did because the field had been cleared when I got home that evening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm glad you listened and then shared! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you paid heed to your inner voice. You definitely NEEDED to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well worth the stop Ginger! a wonderful photo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy you decided to make that stop. Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most definately worth the stop!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, well worth the stop! I have a house, out on a country road on the way to my parents place, that epitomises colonial Australia ... I have to stop one day and take the photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see a photo of that house!!

      Delete
  12. There are so many photographs I regret not taking! Glad you stopped.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful photo and well done for stopping xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done for stopping - that inner voice needs to be heard!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, it's stunning! I too am very glad you stopped and took the photo :)

    ReplyDelete