Monday, September 10, 2012

Finito

Well perhaps not quite, but it is 98% complete and I thought I would share the photos. We love how it all turned out and although it took some time, we enjoyed watching the process and seeing how it developed. You can see other posts here.

I'm already looking forward to next year as the plants/shrubs/trees will have all grown and filled out. Edwin is pretty happy with his new yard smell.

Saturday evening was beautiful and warm which made for a fantastic night out on the patio. I pulled out my tripod and took a few evening shots.

It's very relaxing... and on Sunday morning I was thrilled to just sit and drink my cup of coffee while listening to all the birds chirping away. Our summers do not last long, but I have a feeling this yard will make us that much more appreciative of every moment spent in it.

How are you spending your last days of Summer, or Winter? What are you looking forward to in the season to come?

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Ginger, it really looks fabulous, you must both be so pleased with the end result.I hope you thoroughly enjoy your backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful garden :-). I love the night shots

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked at the first set of pictures and thought - it looks very relaxing. Then I saw you had written - it's very relaxing! Well worth the work, it looks stunning

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be so pleased Ginger..it's turned out beautifully!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks gorgeous Ginger and I'm sure will fill out nicely. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fabulous and no wonder Edwin looks so happy. Particularly like the lights. They've done a great job :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is looking so good, Ginger. I have garden envy - mine is sadly neglected. I've enjoyed our summer and hope it might extend into an Indian one for our coming holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both the design and the materials. It looks lovely by day and night. I can see that in the beyond-summertimes, its structure will hold together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks beautiful and very inviting! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ginger it's gorgeous! It looks like it was well worth the wait. Love those nighttime pics.

    ReplyDelete