Sunday, August 19, 2012

It's Award Time!


I am a little embarrassed to say that I am just acknowledging this now, but several months ago my blogging friend, Alison from, "Life in the Slow Lane" gave me a Liebster Award. That’s not all. Last month I received another Liebster award from my friend Lisa from Not Lady Like. THEN…. two days after that, guess what happened? Yup! You guessed right, another scrappy friend, the adventurous Victoria from “Word Under”, gave me the Liebster Award. Yeeshk! 


First of all I want to thank all three ladies for passing this award onto me, and likewise, I really enjoy reading your blogs and find each of you inspiring!

Next, if you have not heard of the Liebster award, let me explain to you what it means.

The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

Here is where the awards differ from those who sent them to me. According to Alison’s blog the following are the rules for the award.

1. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Reveal your five picks for the award and let them know.
3. Post about the award on your blog.
4. Bask in the love from the most supportive people in the blogosphere!  {aka your followers}
5. Finally have fun and spread the love!

Now I will share the rules for Lisa and Victoria’s Liebster Award….

1.       Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2.       Answer the questions that the tagger set for you, plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3.       Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4.       Go to their page and tell them.
5.       No tag backs.

I will share 11 Things About Me
  1. I don’t have a favourite color, because really I like green, orange, red, blue and purple. Yellow is good too. 
  2. I will drink water over pop or juice, that is, after I have had my cup of coffee
  3. I’m a bit of a clutz, yes if there is a crack in the sidewalk I will be certain to trip on it!
  4. I am currently reading the “50 Shades of Grey” series… okay I was not going to admit that here… but there you go (and only because it will count towards my reading goal of the year, which I plan to write a blog post about!)
  5. I love cats and I love dogs, why is there this notion you have to love one more than the other?
  6. Along with my fear of falling (from high places), drowning, and house fires, I have recurrent dreams of being caught in a tornado, so yes, I have a fear of tornados. Bears too. Mustn’t forget about the bears.
  7. I had an appendectomy when I was 18.
  8. I have met David Bowie and acted like a bumbling idiot from being completely star struck!
  9. I refuse to check my lottery tickets immediately because I prefer to dream.
  10. My favorite childhood dessert is the butterscotch marshmallow squares… the recipe is here.
  11. The older I get the more I prefer warmer/hotter weather.
Lisa and Victoria each had 11 questions for me, but I thought I would answer a combination to equal the 11 noted in the rules:
1.       What started you blogging? (Victoria): I talk about this in my “About Me” page here. I was never good at keeping a written diary, so mostly I started because I wanted to have a documented record of my life and to share the things I enjoy, like scrapbooking, art, photography and recipes with other individuals who have similar interests.
2.       If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? (Lisa) I always thought I would live in another country, but I believe the older I get the more I am interested in being near family and friends. I would prefer to live where the winters are mild, and so I would love to live in the Okanogan.
3.       What is at the top of your bucket list? (Victoria) Travel to Europe. I have traveled North and Central America along with the Caribbean, so the next major vacation I hope, will be a Mediterranean Cruise.
4.       Where is your favourite place to eat out? (Lisa) Hmmm… tough question. If I was going to go out for lunch, it would be the Urban Diner or Dhalias, but then if it was going to be a special dinner I would likely pick the Hardware Grill. I miss Il Portico, it was my favourite birthday dinner place.
5.       How many languages can you speak? (Victoria) Well, I did learn French in Grade 7, 8 & 9. When I moved to Edmonton I could have continued on with it, but never did and now I wish I would have.  I do remember a few things, but not much. I also learned medical Spanish when I did my senior nursing practicum in Guatemala. Tiene dolar? Do you have pain? Ha! That is as much as I remember.
6.       Do you have any blogging rituals? (Lisa) I usually blog at night after dinner. I change into my PJ’s and sit in the corner of the sectional. I blog with the TV on, and I typically have my bottle of water and camera next to me. Sophie lies on my legs and Norman is next to me too. Edwin visits too, but he gets too hot and has to move around.
7.       What is your perfect day? (Victoria) Waking up early, making a cup of coffee, sitting down and reading the paper while listening to some music. Having a pedicure and then coming home to hubby making dinner for us both. Sitting on the patio and enjoying a nice bottle of wine while relaxing to more music then heading up to my art room for some scrappy fun.
8.       What do you have to have on your person at all times? (Lisa) Sad to say, but I need my cell phone.
9.       How many countries have you traveled to? (Victoria)  Fourteen, Fifteen if you include my own country.
10.   Name something that always gets you really excited? (Lisa) Vacation or a treat from Duchess Bakery!
11.   Have you heard of the Liebster Award before today? (Victoria) Yes! I received the Liebster Award a couple years ago J

Now for my ELEVEN questions:
1.       When did you start blogging?
2.       What inspires you to blog?
3.       How has your blog evolved since you first started?
4.       What is your favourite season and why? If you do not have seasons where you live, is there a particular holiday you love and why?
5.       Do you now live near or where you were born? If not, then tell us where you have lived.
6.       What is your favourite thing to eat?
7.       Do you have anything specific you love to post about on your blog (i.e do you have a regular feature)?
8.       If you were told you had 5 minutes to leave your home, what is the first thing you would grab and take with you?
9.       If there was somewhere you could be right now, where would it be?
10.   What is your all-time favourite movie?
11.   If you were on a deserted island, who or what would you take with you?

Wowzer! My head is starting to hurt!

Here is the part where I am suppose to pick other bloggers to receive the award, but I think I have the best followers, so if you have not won the Liebster Award before then I am giving it to you!

If you choose to play along you can follow either set of rules, and let me know by leaving a comment if you do play. I would love to read your post!

Happy Sunday!

12 comments:

  1. Fascinating to learn more about you, Ginger - and a well-deserved reward. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's quite a list of facts, questions and more questions. Great to read a little about what makes you tick! Sorry I've been absent. Busy times. Happy blogging and see you around ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good to hear from you Lisa :) I know, it took me some time to get up the gumption to post this!

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on Number 9 (I prefer to dream too) and I wish I had been with you on Number 8 lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it was very amusing, he did try to make me feel better, but it wasn't too difficult to see he was laughing at me!

      Delete
  4. So glad you went with the elevens, I enjoyed reading your answers. A Mediterranean cruise would be awesome, I have friends that just returned form one and had a spectacular time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard nothing but good things. A cruise would give us the most variety, but really I wish I had weeks to spend in each country.

      Delete
  5. Some really interesting answers,Ginger....it's great to discover more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, I'm so glad yellow made the favorite color list at the end! :>)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes, I know it is your favourite :)

      Delete