Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Couple Layouts...

I went scrappin the other night at Treasured Memories and after working on Project Life I actually made a layout! It's been almost two months since I have done anything scrappy. I had so much fun that the other day I made 2 more. I will share a couple with you this evening.

The pictures on this first one show a lily, but it is no ordinary lily. We have lived in our house now for over 8 years and this is the first time we have seen this plant in the garden bloom with flowers. I am thankful we did not pull it out of the garden last year when we added the other shrubs and flowers, otherwise we would not have seen these beautiful flowers.

This second layout is a photo of sushi cones we ate at "Joey's". I love sushi and don't typically order sushi cones, but these ones were so good we had a second order!


I hope to share a few photos of the yard. It is coming along slowly but surely, it's all good though. Most of the pavers have been laid, and we do have the fire pit built. Hubby is telling me another BBQ is on the way... seriously?!! Isn't 4 enough? I suppose my response in the past regarding my scrapbooking purchases has rubbed off on him... "hon, you need the tools to do the job". Yeah, that's my line baby! His response? "I'm just keepin' it real baby"! Hmmm... this has given me an idea for a new layout... on Marvinisms'...

Goodnight!

20 comments:

  1. Hmmm, tuna pasta bake is not sounding so good now that I have seen your sushi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope your tuna bake was scrumptious!

      Delete
  2. I'm not a lover of sushi....but love the layout you've made with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacky! You might not mind these sushi cones, because the shrimp is actually deep fried!! Perfect for those who don't like raw fish :)

      Delete
  3. Marvinisms! This I have to see..

    Seriously, two months? You certainly haven't lost your touch..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sian :) I will really have to think about those Marvinisms now!

      Delete
  4. Hey Ginger! I love the second one too! Loving your drops, perhaps I'll be brave and try it out.
    We need to talk about your layout photos.... Yours are fabulous, mine not so much! I need some tips.
    Thanks!!!!
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am more than happy to share tips Nadine! Yes, you need to give the drops a go :)

      Delete
  5. I really like the big splashes of colors on both pages and the embellishment cluster on the first one. And I have never had or heard of a sushi cone!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! I did not realize the cone has gone unheard of :)

      Thanks Nathalie!

      Delete
  6. Great LOs...though I wouldn't thank you for the sushi!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I do love raw fish, you need to read my response to Jacky!

      Delete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE the ink splotches on the layouts! Well...truthfully I love everything about them. Might be scraplifting those in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layouts, unfortunately it's been much longer than 2 months for me :/ I LOVE sushi but have never heard of a sushi cone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I'm just keepin' it real baby"! is one i hear around here a lot. You have to smile at them! Marvinisms - maybe a mini book?

    Beautiful layouts Ginger - love the postage stamps on the first and while a lovely layout i'd have to pass on the sushi xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layouts! I love the lily story. I love lilies and they are one of the few things I can plant that will actually grow and stay alive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both these pages - you're really good at layering all those neat elements but still having plenty of visual space to breathe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pages, both of them!
    The sushi looks awesome and I love your title!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving both layouts, both different. Lillies are one of my favourite flowers, specially if they are highly scented.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great layouts - I especially like the embellishment cluster on the first one.

    ReplyDelete