Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What about the Tour?

It is 10 days into the Tour de France and have you noticed I haven't mentioned it? If you have been following me for a few years you will know it is one of those things I look forward to every year (see here) with a little more zest and passion than some of the more common sports we see here in Edmonton. For the most part we have football in the summer and hockey in the winter. In more recent years though we have captured the Edmonton Indy which if you have not been to, might I say it is spectacular! More recently we saw the Edmonton World Cup Triathlon. (Sorry, it's not a very politely Canadian written article). We wish hometown gal Paula Findlay well in London.

There are a few reasons I've not watched the Tour much this year. Mostly, it's because I'm still a bit disappointed Andy Schleck suffered from a fractured pelvis just before the tour. Once I had heard this, I thought I would still cheer on his brother Frank (who is now 16th ) or Canadian, Ryder Hesjedal . Frank is doing okay, but it is still a bit too early to tell what might happen, and Ryder fell, so you guessed it... he is out now too(he still plans to be at the Olympics). What's a gal to do?

Bradly Wiggins and Cadel Evans  both look strong, so my bet is on one of them :)

In the meantime... I'll just have another cup of coffee and enjoy our summer heat wave!


6 comments:

  1. Totally amazingly us Brits seem to be doing quite well in sports at the moment....what with a Wimbledon finalist as well....it's a bit of a shock to the system really....let's hope it bodes well for our Olympics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have much interest in the Tour, but wow! love that shot of the daylily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't know anything about the tour Ginger. But i do like all your photos. The depth of field is fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a 'Tour' fan either...but I DO like your pics!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My ignorance on the Tour is almost total but I have really enjoyed your obvious enthusiasm as well as those lovely photos ... oh for a heat wave here! We have a cold and wet wave ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear an update on The Tour. Wish I were enjoying your Heat Wave instead of ours. LOL

    ReplyDelete