Sunday, July 15, 2012

Stamping & Scrapbooking?... & Pass the Book Year 2

About a month ago I received this book from Susanne over at Snaps & Snippets... it is part of Melissa's Pass the Book Year 2. If you have not heard of Pass the Book, it is where the book originated with Melissa over at Daily Bits and Pieces, and each month or so it travels from one person to the next and eventually after a year of travel it gets sent back to Melissa. Cool eh? Now, Susanne did such a fantastic job at giving a description of the book that I suggest you go here to have a look at the post to find out more details about the book.

 I can tell you, I became a stamper first before I started scrapbooking. I LOVE stamps and have a healthy collection, so when Susanne's time came to Pass the Book, I knew I wanted to check this one out. Instead of showing you what inspired me with this book I decided to have a look back at my layouts and find some ways you can incorporate stamping into your layouts. Just like Susanne points out there are 4 different chapters:
  1. Lettering & Titles and Borders
  2. Accents & Embellishments
  3. Backgrounds
  4. Corners & Frames
 When I first started scrapbooking, I did not have lots of supplies and I found many creative ways to create layouts through the use of stamps. These techniques are still utilized by scrappers today!

Lettering and Titles (also shows embellishments)


The title was created with versamark and alphabet stamps while the layered flowers were stamped with versamark and then embossed with clear powder. The journaling spot was also a stamp.

Embellishments
The next layout is about birthday celebrations and I created it about a year ago. It demonstrates using a greeting stamp as part of an embellishment.

You can see more about how I made that little journal book here.

Here is a fun technique... if you want to add some dimension to your flowers, why not try stamping them? I used a small news print to cover those two smaller orange flowers.

Backgrounds
I love these MME stamps. The train fits right in with the photo of the old steam engine and then I also used the little banners on the right side to give more interest to the background and edges.

Here is one of my WITL album pages... just another example of using a background stamp to cover the kraft paper on the left side (the numbers are a stencil).

Corners & Frames
On the bottom right corner of this layout you can see I used a stamp to frame Edwin's name and the date of the photos.

So there you go... Several ideas of how you can utilize stamps in your scrapbooking. The book gives many more examples of various techniques that you can easily incorporate into your own layouts or projects.

If you would like to be put into the draw for this book, please indicate in the comments section and I will draw a name on Monday, July 23rd.

Thanks and have  wonderful Sunday!

9 comments:

  1. thanks for all the inspiration for stamping on scrapbook pages wow you have made some awesome things Ginger! Please put my name in the hat for this book thanks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the Coach mail LO. Thanks for the tips, they will be going in my tip book :)
    I'd like to be put in the mix for the book thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving these pages,Ginger....full of inspiration for scrapbook stamping.
    I'm really trying to stamp more on my pages as I have so many stamps....so would love to see this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great inspiration for using stamps Ginger...I'd also like to be included in the draw please!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some really great LO's showing some fab stamping techniques!

    PS you don't need to out me in the draw for the book - I wouldn't have the time to read it properly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great examples of stamping Giner - I especially like the newsprint stamp on the flowers.

    Thanks for being a part of Pass the Book:Year Two!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some great techniques in use there Ginger, my favourite in the stamping on the flowers too. You don't need to include me in the draw, still not got back into my crafting yet :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks a great book, Ginger. I'd love to be in the draw please - I've picked up my stamps again with vengeance and addicted to buying them! I would love inspiration and ideas on how to make good use of them. I love the backgrounds you have created but they are all lovely pages.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely collections of scrapbook layouts, Ginger! The Coach Mail one is my favourite ... I'm not a great stamper, and so admire those who are!

    ReplyDelete