Sunday, July 22, 2012

Saturday Night Dinner

Our dinner on Saturday evening was delicious! Seriously delicious... I am so thankful for my wonderful hubby who loves to cook. While I cleaned the house Friday night he prepared everything and I had very little to do on Saturday...

I set the table earlier in the day... I made little menu cards and placed them on the plates... Here is the table with all the wonderful dishes we cooked up.

We made grilled lemon and rosemary lamb lollipops, chicken souvlaki, keftedes, spicy feta dip, hummus, satziki, Greek salad, baked lima beans and my favourite.... lemon potatoes!
This might be my new summer drink... Lemon Basil Martinis... I suggest letting the basil sit for a minute once you muddle it... it will give the drink more flavour. We used Hendricks gin, I imagine the citrus vodka would be good as well.

We had lots of food left over and now my fridge smells like garlic...

And here is a picture of the ice cream as per Sian's request! And the recipe is in this book...

Tammy made these wonderful white chocolate, cranberry and orange biscotti... they were sublime.

That's it for now... you still have time to sign up for Pass the Book here... I will be drawing a winner tomorrow night!

23 comments:

  1. Wow! That spread looks sensational, I am a fan of lemon potatoes too and your icecream looks as though it turned out beautifully. I've not made ice cream before, Mum used to quite a bit but it is something I am yet to try.

    I am also impressed that you keep drinking red wine in the summer - we don't usually persist when it is hot, but that cocktail would suit very well thankyouverymuch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you can make custard you can make ice cream, you just need a machine:) We make it once or twice a year and it is so worth it!

      Delete
    2. The reply button is fun isn't it! Okay, I can make custard so I shall now have to try ice cream ... but, the only thing I am scared of, is buying a machine that will only get used once or twice - I have a bad reputation with kitchen machinery!

      Delete
    3. Ha! Ha! well I said the same thing to Marvin when we bought ours, but like I said - we use it 1-2 times per year. When I made if for my aunt and uncle a couple years ago they went out and bought one for themselves!! It is awesome ice cream :)

      Delete
  2. A impressive dinner Ginger. Sounds and looks mouth watering! Never heard to lemon potato before though xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lemon potatoes are wonderful, I first ate them at a Greek restaurant here and the recipe I use is just as good if not better :) I will share the link in a post for everyone.

      Delete
  3. Such a gorgeous table groaning with glorious dishes. Mmmmm! How lovely to spend an evening with friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are our good friends and we know they appreciate a good meal!

      Delete
  4. Oh, it does look delicious! I'm thinking maybe I can smell those leftovers from here. I love leftovers..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love leftovers too Sian mostly because I get to enjoy the meal again, but I can't deny it is nice to reheat and not have to cook a new meal!

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous spread and I am sure it was delicious. So much more enjoyable when you aren't have to do last minute cleaning and prepping. Glad ya'll had a glorious evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Beverly, there was very little stress and I love that we can work together to make the meal happen :)

      Delete
  6. Yum! This is a "let me make you hungry" post! Looks like you had a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely looking meal! I'm off to check out the drink recipe.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rinda! You will have to let us know if you make the drink :)

      Delete
  8. Oh, how finger-lickingly delicious it all looks! Not heard of lemon potatoes - tell us more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will share the recipe Alexa in an upcoming post :)

      Delete
  9. A Greek feast indeed...I have a friend who lived in Greece for a while, and her Lemon Potatoes are fab! I'm off to check the cocktail recipe too...and I notice you were brave enough to have ouzo too!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a feast you had, it all looks amazing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like a wonderful meal!

    ReplyDelete