Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cell Phone Photo Blog Hop


Hello! Welcome to the Cell Phone Photo Blog Hop which if you have come by way of Tammy, then you are in the right spot! Natalie from "Almost Never Clever" has had a wonderful idea to have a  blog hop for people to share the photos taken with a cell phone. Nat has lots of information on what to do with your cell phone photos and every quarter she downloads and backs them up. You can see more here.

Now on with the hop! For my photos I have used PSE 10 and the Pioneer Woman's free actions. I applied the Seventies action and then added a mask with 1 or 2 different frames (no longer available).  You should be able to find something similar at Designer Digitals. I am sharing those photos from April to the end of June in no particular order...


I stopped at Tim Hortons one day to purchase some donuts for a meeting... they look pretty tasty.

I took a walk around the Royal Alberta Museum grounds one day and took this looking at a road I lived near... I have many fond memories of this part of town.


I walk by this store everyday when I get my cup of coffee. I find the sign very interesting... one day perhaps I will walk down those steps.

 When I visit the book store now I take photos of book covers of those I don't want to forget to purchase at some other time.

Working on some projects on my day off while waiting for Edwin to be groomed....


I love these Monte Cristo sandwiches from the Urban Diner!

A BBQ put on for the building tenants...


I saw this bike outside of the coffee shop and loved the vintage look of it with the wooden box at the back...


Eddie walking on the leash...

Celebrating the first day of Summer....

Last week I was late for work because the police had the road blocked off... AND... I couldn't get my coffee... It made for a large disruption in my morning!

There are my photos. Through this process I have discovered a few things:
  • I take a variety of photos.
  • I don't take a lot of cell photos.
  • It doesn't matter to me if a photo is a bit blurry. I use a Blackberry where the camera is a 3.2 MP which is quite interesting, because some of the photos I take are actually quite clear.
  • I use lots of my cell phone photos for my Project Life, but there are some that I haven't done anything with. Stories that I want to tell.
  • I actually do download my photos, but I have not backed them up. That will be a priority.
Alright, so that's it for my stop, thank you for stopping by! Now you will want to follow the hop and head on over to Danielle's at EcoScrapbook.
 
Nat: Almost Never Clever http://www.almostneverclever.com
Tammy: Your Memory Connection http://www.yourmemoryconnection.com/
Ginger: Ginger's Life of Spice http://gingerslifeofspice.blogspot.com/
Danielle: EcoScrapbook http://ecoscrapbook.blogspot.com/
Jessica: Sweet 'N' Scrappy http://sweetnscrappy.com/
Mariah: Its Fun2Scrap http://www.fun2scrap.blogspot.com/
Jen: Down Home South Jersey http://downhomesouthjersey.com/

13 comments:

  1. I love your idea of taking pictures of books at the book store! I use mine to take pictures of things I want to sketch later on.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't ever take photos with my cell phone, so to me this is quite a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take a lot of photos with my cell phone. I love the actions/filters you've put on these. A few of these would be great in frames!

    I'm off to read about backing up photos...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ginger! Nice to "meet" you through the blog hop. I'm the last stop on the last.

    Really enjoyed seeing your photos and getting a sneak peek into your life. And I have bookmarked your blog so I can come back and spend some time here - it's lovely!

    Best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. like Cheri, I don't use my cell for taking pics-so I am very impressed!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea for a blog hop! Those donuts do look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! I have noticed I've been pulling out my camera more and more lately. Love all the coffee photos. Did the police realize how much you were put out???? The nerve!!! LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your set of photos! I really enjoy neighborhood pictures of where others live.

    I totally do the same thing when I'm in a store looking at books - for myself and for gifts, I take pictures so I will remember them!

    Thanks for participating! It was really fun to look at your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photos...very artsy. Nice Project Life too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Somebody likes her coffee! LOL! I think that is a really cool "Red Ribbon" sign too. Thanks for sharing your pics with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ginger, thank you for sharing your fun photos with us!! This inspires me to take more cell phone photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great selection of photos Ginger and I love all the actions/masks you've used :o) I don't take photos on my mobile very often because they are not that great, but how's this for a funny coincidence? I used to live about 5 miles from Budleigh Salterton and I often rode there on a bike, not dissimilar to the one in your shot, that belonged to my Gran.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this idea for a blog hop! Definitely something I'd be interested in participating in next time round. Your lovely pictures have helped to keep me in a holiday mood for just a little bit longer..

    ReplyDelete