Friday, June 15, 2012

Found

I am so very happy and relieved to be able to post this photo.

She is safe and sound at home after being found by Carmen and me... she was next door under the cement front step where there was a large gap for her to get under. We were knocking on the neighbors doors and asking if we could check their backyards and look under decks for which I am certain she heard our voices calling her. We were on our way back to the house when I looked over and saw her, she was meowing, but would not come to us. I walked to her slowly and picked her up, handed her to my sister and she wrapped her paws around Carmen's neck. She looks thin but healthy... this is more than I expected... she is thirsty and hungry, but mostly happy to snuggle, purr and give kisses.

The people at the animal shelter had lots of good advice. Should you be faced with this situation, here are a few things you can try:

  •  put out the litter box outside and they are likely to smell it
  • Sprinkle litter around the perimeter of your fenced area
  • keep the gate to the fence open
  • put out tuna or other strong smelling dry food
  • place a familiar scented blanket, towel or article of clothing outside and near the entrance
  • go outside in the evening with a flashlight and check under decks, under garden sheds, any cracks or crevices they could crawl into (they said she is likely within 5 houses of her home)
  • keep checking the listings at the animal shelters (Pet Lynx was a service Carmen used to register Mila as lost)
Although we heard so many positive stories from people about cats returning,  in my gut, I felt she had a better chance at coming home if we kept looking.

We are very thankful.

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful news! I'm so happy to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! So glad that cat and owner have been reunited. Bet she won't want to wander again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad she's back. One of my mom's neighbours has lost a cat recently. I don't have a pet myself but I can imagine that it would be quite upsetting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news - really happy for you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! I am so happy & relieved for you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats fantastic news, and what good advice xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a relief. I'm glad your story has a happy ending. The tips wil be useful for anyone else who has a cat go missing. Now you can enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yea! So glad to hear it. Prayer really works, I think.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy to read this Ginger :o) Great news xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to read this happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my layout. glad you found your kitty.
    I am just down the road in Great Falls, MT. Originally from London, Ontario. Have visited Edmonton a few times. Even went to a scrapbook event ther a few years ago.
    Leslee

    ReplyDelete