Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mail Art

I want to thank all of you who signed up for the Mail Art Exchange, and many of you have already sent out your Mail Art. This post is dedicated to the fun of sending something off to someone and giving them a Happy Mail Day!

This week Julie is "Going Postal" and I thought I would hook you up to her blog so you can see all the fun and interesting postal creations she has, not to mention all the giveaways!

So I want to share with you how I created my mail art. If you have been following my Project Life posts, you might remember seeing this photo....

You will notice the colorful mix of stamped and stenciled images on that paper under the tickets. Now I will say I did get this wonderful idea from my friend Lisa. I did not want to put the pretty paper to waste... so I decided to use it. I traced out the envelope onto the paper and then glued it to the envelope.

The theme for the exchange this year was "Words" so I stamped a couple of inspirational phrases and quotes.


and so there it is...

Have a great weekend everyone!

12 comments:

  1. I just popped mine in the mail today!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your envelope is gorgeous Ginger!!! I love the graphism and the colors!!! I too just sent mine to the UK today but I think I paid more attention to what's in it rather than the outside this time :) THANK YOU for organizing another fun exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link Ginger - lovely envelope! Who wouldn't want that arriving on their doormat?

    I added your work to the Pinterest board: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/going-postal/

    Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine has just gone in the mail this morning...thanks for organising MAE again Ginger!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Ginger! It's certainly going to put a smile on the lucky recipient's face

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I sent mine out last week, but haven't posted them on my blog yet. Wanted to leave time for them to arrive to recipients. I sent to my assigned recipient plus three others that I chose based on having never visited their blogs before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous envelope Ginger, will definitely make the recipient smile. Good luck with the exchange, maybe I'll be able to get to my desk in time for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just lovely ... I really like the combination of black and white with the colours on top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Someone will be very happy when it lands at their door! Beautiful colours that would really make me smile. I posted mine last week, hoping it arrved safely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh gorgeous envelope Ginger. Natalie is doing herself a disservice - her envelope AND its contents were both beautiful - blogging about it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!

    I spread a mail art call for a friend who s really bad this days.
    He's crazy about music.

    The theme is The music from every countries and every eras.

    Every Mail will get an answer.

    His adress


    Alexander Faiwrone
    9 Rue de Picardie
    02690 Essigny Le Grand
    FRANCE

    ReplyDelete