Sunday, April 22, 2012

Week in the Life | Game On!

I had to laugh at Alexa's post today - yes, no...?? Well I felt the same way when Ali Edwards announced the dates for this year's WITL. I did it last year and it was lots of fun... and actually it is the reason I started doing Project Life. The thing is... as much as I LOVEd it last year... I'm not so certain about this year. I was on vacation then, and just like Alexa mentioned... I don't know if I have the energy for it this time around, not to mention my photo printer has no ink, and... I just cannot see me taking as many photos as I did last year... So why am I doing it? Well, I looked at last year's album this afternoon and I decided to go for it.

I'm good at making last minute decisions... although I wanted to do this digitally, our main computer where all my digi supplies from last year are housed, is not accessible. We are having some work done on the computer so that leaves that option out and although I would love to use Ali's new templates, I refuse to spend money on templates right now. In fact I have so much stash it really did not take me long to pull together a kit and I ended up creating a 6x8 album based much like my Christmas album. I plan to write out my stories and allow for more creativity... I may not use as many photos as I did last year, this might be more of a story based album. Seeing as there was not much planning here... I will just go with it.

Here is a peak at what the base of the album will look like.




I have lots of lace paper I will place on the pages and will journal straight onto them where I can. The envelopes will be great for private journaling or extra photos. I won't be able to print any photos for the first few days at least, and I won't want to leave it all for next week so I will likely prepare the photos and space out the pages accordingly and then work on it next week.

So that's the immediate plan :) What about you? Are you participating? Okay - I best be off to bed and have a good night's rest for WITL ;)

11 comments:

  1. Sometimes you do have to just jump right in!
    I really like what you have put together, last year I did a less detailed project than the year before - but when I look over it now I realise I had more than enough.
    The key is to be prepared, to make it easy and to go with the flow. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing it - in fact, I started yesterday. Not so many pictures, but that's part of the story, I think. I wait and print all my pictures at the end but will probably blog about it every few days.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. great energy in your papers for the album

    I'm doing it this year but no plan on what I'm goign to include this year

    ReplyDelete
  4. The album is looking good already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ginger - your book looks gorgeous and you are too good. Taking on week in the life with PL already running. Look forward to seeing how you get on. I think i'll take down some pointers and maybe try a week in the life in the school holidays when I have more time.

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my mini book xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great start Ginger..the book looks fab...I'm not taking part, but shall enjoy watching how everyone else's shapes up!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your project looks FAB and totally gave me an idea I hadn't considered! I'm taking "Art of Observation" with Heidi Swapp at BPC. I could totally do WITL using her Memory Folder sytle. Maybe I finally have a plan???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, when you decide to go for it, you really go for it! Even the album itself looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, you have done so much already, and in such a short space of time! Go, girl, go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This look very promising and I am glad I did not see it last night otherwise you might have convinced me to do it too!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your album looks lovely but I won't be joining in. Enough on my plate! Have fun and I look forward to seeing your album take shape.

    ReplyDelete