Saturday, March 24, 2012

International Potluck Blog Hop



Welcome to the International Potluck Blog Hop. If you have come from Deb's World... you are at the right place! 

You are in for a real treat today... Deb over at Paper Turtle has asked her friends to join her for a potluck and you are invited to come along for the ride!

I have to admit... I could not decide what to make for this potluck! There were so many possibilities and after cooking three different meals this week, hubby agreed... what you see here today is the favorite! At this stop on your tour, you will enjoy the taste of:

 "Turkey Manicotti"


For this recipe you will need the following ingredients:

450 g or 1 lb ground turkey
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 - 3/4 tsp red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
1/2 tsp pepper
Salt to taste
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 can cream of mushroom soup (10 oz or 284 ml)
Fill 1/4 of soup can with 1% milk (here I added heavy cream to give it a richer flavor)
250 g or 8 oz manicotti noodles
250 g or 8 oz cottage cheese (I used dry curd cottage cheese)
700 ml or 24-28 oz pasta sauce - (1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce)
1 1/2 - 2 cups Italian mix shredded cheese

Instructions:

  • Preheat oven to 375 F or 190 C
  • Brown the ground turkey in a pan over medium high heat. Add your seasonings and mushrooms.
  • Once the meat is cooked add the mushroom soup and milk/cream. Mix well and remove from heat.
  • Spray the bottom of a casserole dish with cooking spray and place the uncooked manicotti in the dish. Take the ground turkey mixture and spoon it into the shells 3/4 full.
  • Spread cottage cheese over shells then spread the pasta sauce.
  • Sprinkle cheese over top of the sauce and cover tightly with aluminum foil to seal.
  • Place in the oven for 60 minutes (the time will vary - depending on your oven). Remove foil - check to see if pasta is cooked, if not cover again with foil securely and place back in oven for several more minutes or until pasta is al dente. Set oven to broil and broil until the cheese is bubbling.
  • Let sit for 10 minutes and serve.
There you have it! I hope you have enjoyed your stay and are not too full to move on :) You are off to your next Potluck stop at Karen's, over at "Tales from the Scrapheap".  ENJOY!

20 comments:

  1. That looks delicious Ginger and what a lovely photo of you welcoming us to your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :o) Oh, Ginger. What a treat to visit you today! From the time your blog opened and I saw your smiling face to the end of this post with the yummy manicotta that literally made my mouth water - this was a wonderful experience!

    I'm SO glad that we are blog friends now - how did I not follow you a LONG time ago? Think of all that I've missed...

    Anyway! Thanks so much for participating in my blog hop pot luck today and for having us in your home. I loved being here! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your front door pic, you look so happy to see me :) I also love Italian and am trying to use more turkey in place of beef so this will definitely go in the lineup. Good decision on your and Marvin's part in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the photo of you Ginger! And I'm glad you were serving Italian. I've now added a flavor palate that my stomach recognizes to all the exotic dishes being prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous photo of you! That's a new recipe for me, but I'll be sure to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks delicious - just what I need after all the travel

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving these big smiles as everyone welcomes us - lovely to see :0)
    Another delicious looking recipe - TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous photo welcoming us to your home!! I love Italian food, but I've never made manicotti from scratch before. Must try!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm...that looks amazing! I usually prefer ground turkey to ground beef so this is right up my alley. And such a great picture of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ginger - what a great photo! You look totally ready to party :) Anything with noodles goes down a treat here - this one looks like a very tasty dish. I think we'll be trying it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds delicious,Ginger....and I just love that welcoming photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love turkey - always looking for new recipes. And so happy not to have to cook the shells first. Awesome picture of you at the door - so glad Deb asked everyone to post one.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks an absolutely delicious meal and I am sure it would work equally as well with vegetrian minch so I am going to try it in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never cooked with turkey mince but I definitely need to add some to my next shopping list as this looks lovely and I can imagine mopping up those delicious juices with a hunk of crusty bread!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks yummy Ginger...am thinking cannelloni shells would work just as well? And what a lovely welcoming picture!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great welcoming photo Ginger, I had never heard of manicotti so had to look it up on google! Yummy looking recipe hope I can try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! I can just imagine being at your place right now!

    Ages ago, when you posted that you had made this dish for another event, I was wondering about the recipe - I am so glad you chose it for today! Oh for the love of YUM! I am so glad the weather has started to cool down so that I have a legitimate excuse to whip this one up - it looks and sounds utterly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. There's no doubt my husband will love this dish! Thanks for sharing. I'm sure to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would definitely make this. Looks SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely picture of you, the food looks good too

    ReplyDelete