You are in for a real treat today... Deb over at Paper Turtle has asked her friends to join her for a potluck and you are invited to come along for the ride!
I have to admit... I could not decide what to make for this potluck! There were so many possibilities and after cooking three different meals this week, hubby agreed... what you see here today is the favorite! At this stop on your tour, you will enjoy the taste of:
For this recipe you will need the following ingredients:
450 g or 1 lb ground turkey
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 - 3/4 tsp red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
1/2 tsp pepper
Salt to taste
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 can cream of mushroom soup (10 oz or 284 ml)
Fill 1/4 of soup can with 1% milk (here I added heavy cream to give it a richer flavor)
250 g or 8 oz manicotti noodles
250 g or 8 oz cottage cheese (I used dry curd cottage cheese)
700 ml or 24-28 oz pasta sauce - (1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce)
1 1/2 - 2 cups Italian mix shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F or 190 C
- Brown the ground turkey in a pan over medium high heat. Add your seasonings and mushrooms.
- Once the meat is cooked add the mushroom soup and milk/cream. Mix well and remove from heat.
- Spray the bottom of a casserole dish with cooking spray and place the uncooked manicotti in the dish. Take the ground turkey mixture and spoon it into the shells 3/4 full.
- Spread cottage cheese over shells then spread the pasta sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese over top of the sauce and cover tightly with aluminum foil to seal.
- Place in the oven for 60 minutes (the time will vary - depending on your oven). Remove foil - check to see if pasta is cooked, if not cover again with foil securely and place back in oven for several more minutes or until pasta is al dente. Set oven to broil and broil until the cheese is bubbling.
- Let sit for 10 minutes and serve.