Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Album - Cookie Exchange Edition

Some of you mentioned in your comments that Cookie Exchanges are something you would love to try. It is one of my favourite Christmas traditions. I have attended many in the past, but this has been the second one I planned and I find it thoroughly enjoyable. I have tried it with 6 people, but I have found 8 people to be the perfect amount of participants. Making 8 dozen cookies is not that difficult, but once you get up to 10 then that can become too many (too many dozens of cookies to make). If you wanted to invite more people you certainly could, perhaps then you could half the amount of baking. For instance, if you found 12 interested individuals, then maybe you have them make 6 dozen and everyone gets 1/2 dozen instead of one full dozen. Whatever you decide, it is fun and you also get to spend some time together with friends. Here are just a couple photos of what some of the cookies looked like.

A photo of the table with all the goodies on it...

I enjoyed documenting this day in my Christmas Album. I decided to purchase Ali's December Daily Layered Template for the photos on this page and I love how it turned out...

I also saved one of the tags added to the cookies I made and attached it to my journal page on the left.


I placed some journaling on the back of the photos, I wanted a record of what everyone brought. I also made a pocket so I could add more photos.

On the final page, I added the recipe for the Cardamom Butter Cookies I made.
I will admit, I did do some taste testing before placing them in the freezer... but Shhh.... don't tell anyone!

Have a great evening!

15 comments:

  1. Apart from all of the cooking, which looks sensational, I love how you made time to catch up with your friends, it really sounds and looks like a fantastic afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I am so jealous! As my good pal Cookie Monster would say- Me Want Cookie!

    What a GREAT tradition!

    Your book is coming along fabulously!

    Be sure NOT to ask how mine is coming along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly is a tradition worth keeping....I think we should start this one over here. I like how you included the recipe as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your book pages are just beautiful Ginger. Not thinking about the cookies as I'm hungry just now. :)
    Such a brilliant tradition. I agree with Jacky, will have a chat with 'the girls' tonight. We are Christmas flower arranging!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a fabulous spread and yum yum to all those cookies! Love how your album is looking too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cookies look delicious, and your pages are beautiful! My friends and I are doing our cookie exchange next week...I look forward to it every year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, I'm still loving this idea! That loaded table looks like it is groaning with very good things and you have documented it all beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cookie exchange I attend every year. We each bring six dozen and then leave them on plates. When it's time to pick up the goodies, we each get a box and walk through the cookies, taking two or three of each. The hostess gets an idea of how many are left and then sends us back through. That way, it doesn't really matter how many people are there.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea Ginger..and those cookies all sound fab!
    Alison xx
    P.S. got the list this time, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a coincidence, I was thinking of holding a cookie swap at the last crop of the year. I was going to this Thursday who would be interested.

    It's always such a pleasure to see your amazing creations

    ReplyDelete
  11. your table looks wonderful as does you christmas journal entry. I've never heard of a cookie exchange before and i think i'd test taste more than i'd swap!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's such a lovely tradition. The table full of delicious fare is a great photo. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how your album is turning out - including a tag from the cookie swap is such a great idea. As a lover of cardamom, I don't know how you managed to let ANY get as far as the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can there be any sweeter tradition than a Christmas cookie exchange? Glad you shared with us - pictures at least!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never taken part in a Cookie Exchange but it is definitely something I would enjoy! You are doing an awesome job on your DD! Love the look of it all!

    ReplyDelete