Sunday, November 6, 2011

Yesterday & Today - Week 9

I love how Ali Edwards gets us to think of the everyday and how important it is to document it. In the 9th week of Yesterday and Today she asks us to document a day in our life, it's much like a "Week in the Life", but I enjoyed taking one day and just observing and noting what I did. So here is my layout...


I mentioned previously that I want to create an album from this class, but I have a bit of a concern, so if anyone has had an album printed in the past perhaps you can help me. I am wondering how you know if the font size you use will be legible when it goes for printing? The font on this layout is a bit small. I know you can just read it if you click on the photo, but is there something I should do to ensure the size is not too small. I would hate to have this printed as a book and not be able to read it.

Thanks so much and have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

  1. Great layout and will look awesome in a book ,Ginger! I can't read any of the journaling when I click on the layout. I think 12pt is considered pretty standard but maybe the company has a tips section on their site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, perhaps Beverly is right, the particular company may have guidelines, but 12pt is usually a good size.

    I love your page, and I could read it and I enjoyed the recount of your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 12 pt is the font size used in many publications.

    to test how it looks printed - create a 4 x 6 document and write on it using the same font and size that you used in the layout and then have it printed as a normal photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can just about read it. I like Helena's suggestion - that's a great tip.

    And I love the way you are working your way through this class. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be test printing too - even in fast print mode just to see the size. How wonderful to record a whole day in such detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of putting all of these layouts into a book. I have not ever done that, so I'm no help. I did notice that I used much smaller printing on these layouts from Ali's class than I ever have before. I can totally see why this would be a concern. I guess you just upload it and see what happens?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layout and what a great idea getting it printed as an album.

    ReplyDelete