Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Motivating My Inner Passion

On Tuesday I went to a conference. The speaker in the afternoon was an inspiration; the topic - "Awaken the Passion Inside". Her name is Tammy Robertson... she was fabulous... quite funny... and brought home some very good messages... Anyway, one thing she mentioned was to have some items at work that will make you laugh; to help you remember to not take life too seriously.... I told you a few weeks ago how my co-worker Alison and I have decided to check out a new shop in the neighbourhood each week while on our lunch hour. Our first stop was the tea shop, then the following week we went to the chocolate shop (I did not get any photos of that one as the chocolates were gone before I could get my camera out!), and so this week we went to the "Tin Box". They have all kinds of cool little gadgets, kitchen accessories, hats, purses... you get the idea...
I was curious when I saw this book... as you know I do love cats...
Upon opening it... I began to laugh... and the laughing did not stop ...

Perhaps you have seen Maru on You Tube... he is quite famous and now has a book!
The book will sit on my desk and when I need a good chuckle... well I will just leaf through this...

Have a fantastic evening!

10 comments:

  1. That looks like such a lovely book Ginger, I am not familiar with the site, but will have a little look later.
    I really like the idea of having something at work that is so positive, a lot of the course I finished recently was focused on positive attitudes and they play such an important role in so many aspects of life. I also really like the idea of you and your friend visiting the shops at lunch time together - another great way to relax and enjoy all aspects of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Tammy should visit the place I work. They operate a total hotdesk policy. All desks to be cleared at the end of the day and no personal items left out.
    I worked in an office in a town centre for a while and having shops so close is such a bonus - especially in the run up to Christmas. Your work neighbourhood looks so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect idea to have something to brighten your day at work...and the lunchtime shopping sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit I'm not really a cat person, but that one looks adorable. Such an expressive face. It would definitely raise a smile, flicking through those pages, on a bad day at work. I love the look of the neighbourhood where you work, such interesting shops to browse around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first intro to Maru and I love the graphic LO of the book! Glad you have fun things to do - keeping our brains stimulated is really important. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks very funny! In fact, it would make a perfect Christmas gift for my sister, so thank you for that!

    yes, when I worked in an office we had to have very tidy desks too. But I tend more towards thinking that an empty desk shows an empty mind lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I DID see Maru on another blog...just can't remember where..the lunchtime shopping sounds like a great idea!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great advice! Maru is looking a bit wide in one of those pics lol So nice that you have shops you can pop into during lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we all need a good laugh sometimes and I do wish that I could walk around pretty shops during my lunchtime!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great idea to check out new places and have something to make you smile at work. I have a little postcard with my "motto" in my work file that I carry around and use that to motivate me during the day. Perhaps I need to change it up to something that makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete