Thursday, November 10, 2011

10 Things, November Edition

This is the November edition of 10 Things, brought to you by Shimelle...

When I started the Mail Art Exchange based on "the Good Mail Day" book, I had no idea if people would be interested... I have since seen and received many pieces of good mail and thought I would share with you what some of these creative bloggers have sent as happy mail...

1. Alexa - over at Trimming the Sails.

I love how much care and detail Alexa used with this beautiful doodled/hand drawn design envelope. How talented... well, I guess I'm not really surprised... she does create lots of interesting graphics so why would this be anything short of spectacular... she also included some post cards and a newsletter of where she comes from... it fit the theme of "earth" quite well.

 2. Joanne from Sugar and Scraps

When I opened this pretty envelope from Joanne, I was not expecting what I found inside, I jumped a bit and then burst out laughing! It scared me to see this photo of a witch... but with Halloween around the corner from when I received it... it fit the mood! Joanne is currently taking on the "52 Weeks of Mail" and I feel honoured to have received this card from her!


3. Ruth from Chatty Crafty Arty Pig

Another creative use of the theme Earth. I love the hand drawn airplane and clouds and who doesn't need a blow up globe beach ball?? LOVE it!

4.   Melissa over at Daily Life: Bits & Pieces
 I was really enthralled with Melissa's version of the "Earth" theme. She used a magazine paper to make an envelope which not only fit the recycle aspect of the theme, but the pictures were of an outdoor table setting! Very innovative!

 5. Helena of Helena's Creative Maven

Helena is a Photoshop Elements wizard! Really... if you want to see some very cool photo editing techniques you will want to have a look at her blog! For the Mail Art Exchange, she found a brush of the "Earth" and printed it on envelopes with the "Happy Mail Day" greeting! On her card she used a starburst photo to create the interesting print. Lots of fun!

6. Amy at Over at Our Place

Amy took a photo of the beautiful landscape of her country Australia and added a thoughtful quote. The colours of the photo match the paper she used on the envelope to give you the feel of the colour of the "Earth" in her part of the world. The card she made, also a photo, was made to look like a painting. I think her interpretation of the theme "Earth" is fantastic!

7.  Jacky at Scrappyjacky

 How pretty is that paper made envelope... I love the colour combinations and Jacky has a real knack for mixing pattern paper, just look at the memory folder she made! Not only is she a master scrapper but she makes some of the most beautiful and creative cards I have seen!

8. Beverly at Be Glorious

Beverly made a beautifully coloured envelope in which she sent these wonderfully handmade cards. Beverly has recently opened her own Etsy shop which you can see more of her fun creations here.

9. Rinda of Gallo Organico
 This is a piece of art Rinda created and sent it as a postcard. I love this collage of photos she took and the colours really are spectacular.

10. Denise over at Chocolate Mousie

Denise made me this pretty envelope of flowers in which she carried the theme over to her card and then to my pleasant surprise she included some colourful flowers of which I have used most of them.

There you have it... my 10 pieces of Mail Art received... all from the Mail Art Exchange group.

You can see more Ten Things post over at Shimelle's.

24 comments:

  1. Ginger, I think you should be congratulated for organising everyone - it was a lot of fun!

    I wish I had thought of the blow up globe, that was a ripper, and, I really like Melissa's idea to use magazine paper to make an envelope ... very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so beautiful and all so different - must have been lovely when these dropped through the door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo how nice, these are all so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone's mail was so unique and fun!! What a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post... I want to come and play!!
    I have sent some mail art just for sheer enjoyment of creating, and I am the lucky receiver of Sian's Pass the Book at the moment. But I must increase my circle of mail art friends so that I can send more and receive some. I'm off to check out the Exchange Group!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gonna check this out~awesome stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am still shaking my head in wonderment and smiling at what that book started! I can't quite believe it. These are all absolutely beautiful and I'm sure you will treasure them all for a long time to come

    ReplyDelete
  8. And thank-you to Sian and Ginger for making it all happen in the first place :). Just lovely to see so much creativity and looking forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely selection of mail art. I'm so glad you started this Ginger and very happy to be a part of it, this time around:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great list! Thanks for sharing it. There should be more mail coming your way soon!
    Rindapo

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun to receive such beautifully decorated envelopes and happy mail inside!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, all of that mail is just so creative, and something to treasure forever. Its great to see them all in one post, a great idea for 10 on the 10th!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, what wonderful mail you have received!! I'm so glad you're keeping us all organized with the Mail Art Exchange. I'm hoping to create some more Mail Art in the next couple of weeks, and your post has really inspired me to get started on it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful mail art. I imagine your mailman has a smile when he drops off things. I'm doing the 52 Weeks of Mail so hope that means I create at least 52 pieces of mail art.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some beautiful mail, you lucky thing! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea to show off the Mail Art for your 10 things post. They are all so unique and must have brought a smile to your face on arrival. Such a wonderful idea to bring people together in a fun way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant post and what absolutely gorgeous post! Thank you for organising it Ginger! 2 x posts! how silly but you know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love seeing your mail art..and thanks again for organising it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely list! So much happy mail. The whole idea is awesome and I wish I took the time to do cool stuff like this. But I settle for email. You have so many cool pieces. I hope you are making some kind of album or putting these in a special place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, look what you started! That much be so much fun to receive, most of my mail goes straight into the trash these days!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous post - great photos of the mail art - definitely more fun to send coloured mail. Which reminds me I'm off to send some more today for my 52 weeks. Great thing you have started and great way to show it's value. I'm incorporating my mail art and cards I receive into a chipboard book. It's too beautiful to get rid of.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! What a fab collection of Mail Art you have right there!!! I need to get crankin' and play some more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What great mail art - thanks for sharing them with us. Must have really been a lot of "Good Mail Days" at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  24. very interesting and bright blog!

    ReplyDelete