Thursday, October 13, 2011

You Should Know...

I thought rather than starting any new classes this Fall I would try to finish one or two that I did very little with. In January I started Ali Edwards' Yesterday & Today through BPC and only made it through a few weeks. I'm going to try to finish it!

In Week 5, Ali had us create a layout without a photo. The lesson was to create a list of things you would like others to know or remember you for. I really like this lesson and think it could be used for others... I would love it if my mom and dad could write out something like this... It would be simple enough :)

Ali gave so many wonderful templates and word art in this class... it truly was worth the money spent and I regret not spending the time on it back then, but I suppose doing it now will allow me more time to reflect on the lessons.
This is a 6 x 12 page. The journaling was completed on a word template we received in class and then I printed it off on an 8.5 x 11 piece of white cardstock. I cut it down to 6 x 9.5 and then cut a piece of patterned paper and sewed it on to make it 6 x 12. I love how it turned out.

Tomorrow is already Friday... Yeah! Have a good one peeps!

14 comments:

  1. Sounds an interesting class. Well done on going back to it. I'm in finishing mood too - think it must be because the end of the year is approaching,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one of my most favorite layouts when I did the class! Quite interesting the things you can learn about someone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cool Ginger -I like the one about touching David Bowie! I need to go back and make that layout too. Actually, let's be honest, I need to go back and make quite a few of the layouts lol But I love this one

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for a LO and some pretty cool facts on there :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page Ginger...there are a couple of projects I should finish too..am hoping to address them in the next few weeks
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not taking on anything new for the rest of the year, this fourth term is really busy in so many ways!
    I love this page .. David Bowie, really? And, black eyes? These pages are a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a great class and well worth completing! Love your page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! And you're right that it would be awesome to have this from the people around us... I should also try to finish some unfinished project... I have a lot to choose from!!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful - I love the design and the journalling is so interesting and thank-you for letting us know more about you. :) I did this class too and also never finished - I think I'll have to go back and re-read and do some more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous idea for a page - great way to get to know you better, and great for family to enjoy. I love the idea of getting different family members to do it :) I haven't taken that Ali class, but it looks really good. I couldn't resist Shimelle's new class, even though I have several of her old ones as yet unstarted...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your list and well done on going back to it. I have foolishly just signed up to a class that I just know will fall by the wayside loldiscduc

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ginger, this is fabulous. I haven't taken this class but would sure like to now after seeing some of your pages.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's great. You've given me the push I need to finish some of these classes I started (I'm a great starter, lol.

    ReplyDelete