Saturday, October 8, 2011

Remember the good times....

This week has been nothing short of difficult and today even harder... This is the day I said goodbye to one of my good friends... We were scrapbooking buddies and every time we would meet up there were always two things I looked for... what color was her hair.... and what new coach bag was she carrying today? Often Brenda, Wendy and I would go to Treasured Memories and catch up on each others life... there was much laughter... you know the kind... the deep belly laugh that takes your breath away... usually this kind of laughter would come on its own, but would always be precipitated by a trip to Tim Hortons for Ice Caps (cappuccinos).

This week... each time I would walk into my art room I stared at my things not feeling very inspired... I looked at a few photos and layouts, and even went back to the posts here on my blog to read the ones that I wrote about our times together... Today I listened to her eulogy told by her sisters... there were stories that made me smile and stories that made me cry... those stories helped... they gave me comfort.... I thought I would share a layout that I made of Wendy and me at a National Scrapbook weekend crop... Now you need to know that she was one of the most colorful people I know and very creative at putting together a costume on such short notice... the story is that we were going to be getting our photos taken on the Red Carpet as it was a Gala Event... well we had nothing to wear... so Wendy decided we needed to create a bodice and well why not just put it all together with some ribbon and then make some bedazzled crowns and of course we needed purses and she called us the "Dimensional Divas".  Needless to say... it was quite funny and she was very excited! See for yourself...

I am so very happy to have these memories... they are good ones to have.

On our way home from the funeral today... Brenda and I made a detour... we stopped at Tim's and yes you guessed right... we bought ourselves one of these....

Cheers my friend! You will be missed but never forgotten :)

13 comments:

  1. Thinking of you Ginger and so glad you have all those fantastic memories of a special friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger, I'm so sorry to hear this. Your post and your page make such a lovely, loving tribute x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to you Ginger - I'm thinking about you at this sad time. Sian is right it's a great tribute.
    Big thank you for the mail art - it arrived yesterday and it's beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great tribute,Ginger.....and so many wonderful memories. A perfect page to remember her with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful tribute, to a woman who was obviously such a special friend. Thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your page is such a great memory and your story tells of a woman who will clearly be much missed. It's a lovely tribute. I am sorry for your loss and have you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your friend - she sounds a wonderful person to have had your life. Your shared a love of memory keeping and your post is a fitting tribute. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post and how lucky you were to have such a fun friendship with her. It makes losing her so sad, but it sounds like you have some wonderful memories.
    (This will be the 5th time I've tried to leave a comment, fingers crossed blogger will prefer Chrome to Internet Explorer ....)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely post indeed....such fun memories and obviously a very special friendship...a very fitting tribute...{{hugs}}
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry Ginger but as the others have said, a wonderful tribute to a lovely friend. Sending you a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry for the loss of such a wonderful and colorful friend Ginger. Your tribute is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still can't quite wrap my head around this one. KC told me last weekend, and I wished so much I could be there for her funeral. She was such a specia,l wonderful person, and Late Night Crops just won't be the same without her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply beautiful Ginger. I miss her so much....

    ReplyDelete