Sunday, October 23, 2011

Purple you say???

How many of you like the colour purple? (no I'm not talking of the film!) Julie Kirk over at Notes on Paper is dedicating blog posts to the colour purple over the Autumn months... You can read her introduction to purple here... and you can see her purple phase pinboard here... I thought I would take some time and reflect on my own thoughts of purple and in doing this I went back into my archives to see just where did purple begin...

The layout below is one I did last year for the Textuality class at BPC... In the photo my grandmother is wearing lilac... when I was working on this layout at the weekend crop I was at, I remember telling my friend Wendy... my grandma loved wearing lilac or purple and that these were not colours I had an affinity to... first mistake! That night when I returned home I was looking at what I might wear to the crop the next day... low and behold... I found my lilac hoodie... since then... I have intentionally incorporated purple, magenta, aubergine and other various shades of the colour purple into my wardrobe! Thanks Grandma :)


A card I made this year that was sent off to Jacky... This was made using Ranger Inks.... Magenta and Turquoise... one of my most favourite colour combos!


Here is another example of using purple in a project I worked on this past summer... A canvas made from Christy Tomlinson's Creative Colour class which I absolutely loved! You can read more on this post here


Here is the layout I finished last night... I bought some of the Prima Moulin Rouge papers the other day at Treasured Memories and felt they worked well with the purple my mom is wearing...


There you have it... a few ways to incorporate purple into your projects... If you would like to see more purple coloured layouts or crafts I have created, click on my "purple" label...

Thank you to Julie for her inspiration and posts on purple!

Just in case you wanted to learn a bit more about purple, I googled "the meaning of purple" and came up with a list of sites... I found this one interesting.... And with that... I am off to make dinner... Enjoy your evening.

19 comments:

  1. Purple is my favorite color!

    Second, I love the text on that layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background paper on the top layout is quite beautiful, and how you have done the journaling is just fantastic!

    Purple is one of those colours that I could give or take, I think I prefer the eggplant/aubergine hue over the paler variety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these projects are gorgeous, but that card - OMG!!! Make me drool. Did I ever mention that I love jewel tones???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a natural purple lover but Julie's series and your great looking projects (love the layout with your parents and love your card!) might change my mind... I am definitely paying more attention to the color when I shop lately! :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purple is my favourite colour - in teh deep and fewel versions rather that the paler lilacs.

    Great pieces - the thankful one is fabulours

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely vibrant pages and the colours on the card just jump out and wave "Look at me!". I'm doing the Textuality class this year, but haven't got round to making anything as lovely as your top page ... I realise it's the deep plum end of purple I like - though my mother and grandmother loved lilac - perhaps that goes netter with grey and I'll like it too when i am there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love purple in all shades so am really enjoying all these purple focused posts. Love all the layouts but particulary the bottom one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ginger, thank you so much for joining in with my series - and in such style! You really show the flexibility of the colour in these projects.

    Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with me.

    I've pinned it to the PurplePhase board for all to see: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/purple-phase/

    Thanks again.

    Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie really has got everyone thinking hasn't she? I used to loathe purple, but not anymore! Your canvas is especially lovely - you have such a flair for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely purple projects! I will wear purple, but hardly ever scrap with it. Your work is inspiring me......

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post, Ginger and one to get us all thinking. I have to say that I wasn't exactly converted to purple but more drawn to it during a Nic H class last October about colour and of course, one week was purple. I tried a few layouts - some stronger than others - and found that I can use it and love it depending on the topic and products I use. For example, Wisteria from BG is the perfect range full of gorgeous shades of lavender and lilac. I have a single item of clothing in purple as I tend more to the pink side of things myself (just in case you hadn't noticed!). Thanks for getting us all thingking

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work, Ginger :) Purple used to be my favourite colour, and while I've moved on to blues and greens now I do still like purples (especially vibrant, bolder shades of it). That inky card is *stunning!* Lucky Jacky! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like Mel, my fav was purple for most of my life (now it's blues, greens and orange) but my college colors are purple and gold so I have ALOT of purple in my wardrobe...I've worn purple the last 4 days! The projects are gorgeous but I esp love the first layout and the way you journaled.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Thankful layout is absolutely gorgeous. I like the color purple, well, I like most colors! I have several clothing items in purple and have used it to scrap lately. (The school all my nieces & nephew attended has purple & white as the school colors, so it figures often in those layouts.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning pieces of purple,Ginger....you show just how versatile it is.
    I'm even contemplating some purple boots myself now

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the journalling on that first LO..and I remember loving the canvas when you originally showed it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. a pretty purple post. Loving all your projects, the canvas and card are especially gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Purple has always been my favourite colour and I have lots of it in my wardrobe. You've made such a brilliant variety of projects with the different shades of it. My favourite is the card you sent to Jacky though.

    ReplyDelete
  19. They all look lovely but I especially love the first one. You've got me thinking I need to haul out my purples and use them.

    ReplyDelete