Monday, October 10, 2011

10 Things - October Edition

I'm not sure about you, but I had plenty of Turkey, stuffing AND cranberry sauce yesterday so much so that I didn't even have the pumpkin cheesecake! Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians... and for those of you doing it all over today... don't forget to wear your stretchy pants!

Today is the 10th of October which means it's Shimelle's 10 Things on the tenth of the month... I already mentioned Thanksgiving... Each year I say the usual things I am thankful for... like family... friends etc., but this year I thought I would share 10 everyday things I am thankful for.

1. Coffee! Now for those coffee lovers out there... you understand right? It is very difficult to make it through a day of work without it... I know because I tried that one day last week (long story)... I was pretty much unable to function.



2. A lovely glass of wine on the patio.


3. Trees... I love trees... they make me smile everyday...


4. The changes in the seasons...I love these changes and everyday the little changes that happen to let us know the next season is coming.

5. My art room and everything in it... it's my happy space :)

6. My new little "net book"... Marvin bought me this a couple months ago and I LOVE it! It means I don't have to sit in the office at the computer in the evening... I can sit on the couch with the animals surrounding me, or I can use it in the kitchen for looking up recipes... it has a webcam so I can use Skype and I can have it in my art room to look up things like Shimelle's prompts... plus there is no more arguing who gets the iPad :)

7. Music... I love listening to music... all kinds... today I am listening to...



8. My Blackberry for keeping me organized and more specifically "Be Reader" which helps me keep up on  blog reading!

9. Tea... Here is my current selection... at work we have many little shops in the surrounding neighbourhood and many I've not been in before. So each week we will be visiting a new shop... On Wednesday it was "Acquired Tea"... I love the coconut and with just a bit of cream... yum! yum!!


10. Statutory Holidays... Need I say more?

You can read more 10 Things from other bloggers... just head on over to Shimelle's and click on the linky's.

17 comments:

  1. those are ten very good things to be thankful for - even though there are several on the list that don't apply to me (coffee, tea, wine, netbook) I still love the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list,Ginger...and I'm a big lover of tea....but I can't quire imagine coconut tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice Thanksgiving. We always eat pie at 10 am on Thanksgiving & Christmas to be sure we enjoy dessert for the day. If we waited until after the big holiday meal, we might be too full. It's the one tradition that is truly ours and we don't miss it! :>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Creme de Earl Grey' tea sounds interesting...I drink a lot of Earl Grey and Lady Grey! Great list of things to be thankful for..don't think I'd disagree with any of them!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you highlighted the everyday things. Is the Tony Bennett cd amazing, I'm trying to decide on whether to buy it or not? Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, it's my favorite holiday so I look forward to ours in November :) oh I'm seeing some gorgeous work by you in mail art people are sharing..so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you 2,3 & 4 and thinking about 7! great list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so fun to read about the things you are thankful for (3 out of 10 being drinks, mmm you must have been thirsty when you wrote the post!) :D I would love to meet up in one of your many teashops!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! You have a beautiful art room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving! :) Awesome list. I love me some coffee and tea and wine too! I think we'd get along just fine IRL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. with you on 1 and 2 and I'm reading this on my own little acer - love it and how light and portable it is

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coffee! I'm always very thankful for coffee. Though that lovely "wine" photo made a glass or two look very tempting too..

    Sorry I'm a bit late in wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I can't imagine Thanksgiving being over already, sounds like yours was great! Love your list, I would put many of the same things on mine: tea, the changing seasons, my scrap room, and my iPad, for instance.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have all the seasons quite evidently here too and I love Melbourne for that!
    Ginger, have you used actions on some of your photos in this post? They look like some of the Florabella ones but The Pioneer Woman has some that are a little similar too ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can echo so many of these :) Unfortunately I had to stop drinking coffee a few months back :( I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. are you my twin? your list is fantastic and almost the same as mine would be! wine? tick. trees? oh YES! seasons? can't live without them! change out the blackberry for my iphone and we are in synch! how I'd love to have leftover turkey sandwiches right now! i have to wait for christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Coffee most definitely and I'm off to check out that cd.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm definitely a bit late reading this but great list. I'm with you on the tea & wine and so wish I could still drink coffee but my stomach just doesn't like it anymore. :) Hmmm I'll have to check out "be reader" and the new Tony Bennett CD. Looking forward to what you come up with for November.

    ReplyDelete