Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Case of the Disappearing Cat Food - Storytelling Sunday

I'm sorry I was not able to get some things together for a new story. I posted this almost 2 years ago...  I thought I would share it with you on Storytelling Sunday as I'm pretty sure most of you have not seen it :)

I have to tell this story...  We feed the cats their food on the cat tree in the spare room.  We put it up there so Edwin will not eat it, however, we do have a couch in the room and he will stand on top of it and eat the food if we don't put the gate across the doorway.  For a few months now I have been suspicious that he is able to get under the gate (I have a space of about 6 inches below, so the cats can easily get under it instead of jumping over).  So, I tested him.  I have done this twice.  I stand on one side of the gate and call him, he tries to wiggle under and is whining the whole time, but obviously he is not able to do it...!  The other day, I was heading out to work, and as I got into my car, I realized I had forgotten my cell phone.  When I went back into the house, Edwin did not come to the door... "strange", I thought.  I looked around the corner up the stairs, and sure as heck... there he was, on the OTHER side of the gate!!  Boy was he shocked to see me!  What a good little actor he is tricking me to think he can't get under the gate!  No wonder he isn't losing any weight (he is suppose to be on a diet)... and no wonder the cats are always looking for food! 

Storytelling Sunday is brought to you by way of Sian's, From High In The Sky . You can join in or stop by and read some other wonderful stories :)

Have a great Sunday evening.

11 comments:

  1. Oh what a smart dog! Great story - made me laugh remembering all our cats & dogs over the years when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Revisiting a story from the days before we had the pleasure of knowing you is an inspired idea :) I love it! Very funny it is too. Thanks for joining in this month Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Brilliant tale - have you solved the problem now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious! I'm always amazed at how mischevious our cats can be, I can only imagine adding a dog into the mix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmh mine is a piggy lil persian called willow who eats both cats food if i let her. ur cat in the photo reminds me of her when she lies on her back and shows u her tummy, then scratches u when u tickle her. So fickle,
    jo xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great story Ginger, lovely photo of him too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dogs! I have one who pretends to be quite dim! but I know different. Yes, I've done the spying thing. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that's funny. Just goes to show you - never underestimate a dog's smarts. You've made me think of a few stories I could tell about our dog.

    ReplyDelete