Thursday, August 11, 2011

"Explore"

I started Shimelle's class "Explore" a few weeks ago and did not get very far, so my goal this week was to review the first weeks material and go from there. Shimelle had several prompts for each day and has us thinking about a variety of things....

One of the prompts was to look at things in a positive way and discuss what is perfect in your life right now... I choose to do a layout about my current vacation and why it is perfect...

Earlier in the week, we were to create some embellishments with maps, and the idea was to create these embellishments without knowing what they would be used for. You can see my map circle embelishments on the layout...

Here are a few close ups of my Explore Paybook and how it is coming along so far...
Many of the prompts involve journaling, you can do as much as you like or as little as you want, but I have put most of my journaling on a tag and placed it behind something in the playbook...
I enjoyed this first week of prompts and looking more closely at where life is at right now... it has forced me to open my eyes to a few things...

I have briefly looked ahead at some of the prompts for the second week and I'm hoping to start working on those soon... Shimelle incorporated prompts that would go with a WITL so I will look back at some of the photos I took for WITL and see how I might incorporate them into "Explore"....

What about you, have any of you been working on the Explore Class? How are you finding the class?

I will be back a little later tonight to draw the winner for my 300th + Blog Post and Giveaway, so if you have not entered, you still have some time. You can see the post here...

Ginger

4 comments:

  1. Ginger, I have done the first few prompts for Explore and then I was caught up in WITL and now I have less memory keeping motivation - I'm a bit worn out! I love what you have done, you manage to combine textures and layers beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger, I'm enrolled in explore as well - but just haven't had time and headspace to do anything yet... You look like you've made a good start on yours.. I think I'll have to clean my craft desk over the weekend so I can get something done...
    Yours is definitely looking good, and has given me a bit more if a kick to look at starting mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love what you've done. Its a great inspiration, I still have some catching up to do

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great projects - sounds like you're getting so much out of that class.

    ReplyDelete