Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Design Process for WITL

I took a break from the computer on Monday to give myself some time to think how I wanted to approach the scrapbooking portion of WITL. For someone who has never done this before it was a bit challenging as I wasn't sure how things were going to work and what I would end up doing. I would suggest if you do plan to do this, Ali Edwards has so many great posts dedicated to this project and it is really helpful to read these before starting... I say that because I actually started scrapping on Sunday night because I couldn't help myself, I was so excited to start, but found yesterday I was not happy with my approach.

I showed you in this post the page protectors I bought for this project. Below are all of the digital products I used. Click on the photo and it will take you directly to the site.


From my purchases the other day, I had bought some of the Echo Park, Vintage Rose Victoria Gardens papers and decided to use them.

Here is what the first page looks like for Tuesday...

I used the overlays for the photo, you could use it for journaling as well, but I decided to do my journaling for the day in Word. I created a text box in Word and typed it all out. I also added the boxed "Make a Date Brushes" which I did in PSE and then saved it as a jpg to my files and inserted it in Word as a picture... 
I set the printer to legal sized paper and cut a 12x12 piece of cardstock to size and then printed it. I was very happy with the results.
Here are a few more pages...

Having all of my photos printed has helped in the process for deciding placement. As you can see I have placed my photos in the protectors where I think they should go... I don't think I will be working on this anymore this week. I have completed the journaling and printed everything off. I am planning to work on it exclusively at my next crop night coming up soon... it will keep me focused and give me something to work on.

And so that is what I have been working on these last few days! Yeeshk! I hope to catch up on some blog reading!

Take care my friends and have a great day!

Ginger

11 comments:

  1. This is looking wonderful! Glad you've found something which works for you so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookign good - love your choice of digi supplies - that date brush is my goto date item.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is looking so good. I've noticed quite a few people doing this project and you have all found very different ways of doing it. Hmmmm maybe next year ......!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking great,Ginger....I'm quite inspired to give it a go next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fantastic! The care you are taking over the execution of this project really shows

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! I think you've done a fantastic job & wouldn't have known this was your first WITL. I like the idea of saving it for a crop to finish since you've completed the journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous job on this! I'm still trying to figure it all out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is looking great! I too am impressed by the thought that you are putting into it and it will turn out to be so successful because of that. i usually jump in feet first and then find out half way through that it's not working on some level or I've run out of something or my mini-book is unmanageable in that format :-) Your album will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so great! I love Ali's little bits and pieces...they work so well with the other fun stuff you've chosen! You're inspiring me to try something like this for my vacation pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh .. well done Ginger! Your WITL is looking super fantastic! I didn't end up using divided page protectors but I am more than inspired to do so now!

    ReplyDelete