Monday, August 8, 2011

Creative Color Canvas

Hello Everyone! Thank you so much for all your lovely comments from yesterday's Storytelling Sunday... I did not mention this but the post was about my grandpa and although I have not had much time to work on my "Explore" class with Shimelle, I thought it would be fun to share his adventure from what I remember and know of his story.

Today I would like to share the canvas I have created from watching the videos in Christy's Creative Color class... This class has been VERY inspirational in that it is getting me to see colour in a different way...

First we start with looking at some photos of various things you might find inspiring, such as different magazines etc. I decided to go to Pinterest and found this combination of colours that I would never normally use or mix together....
Then I found some papers and material I had that would work to create a canvas... 

Here is my canvas....

I used various paints, and different papers from my stash that I don't know where they are from anymore. The large piece of chipboard is from some left over Riff Raff I still have, the butterflies are from ArtChix studio and the large purple Prima flower is one I've had for some time. I used Tim Holtz and Stampin Up stamps and a roller alphabet stamp from Scarlet Lime.

Here are a couple close ups....
Thanks for stopping by.... tomorrow I will share Part III of my digital Card Tutorial... You can see Part 1 here... and Part II here...

If you have not seen my 300th + post giveaway... check it out here and comment by the evening of August 11th. All you Mail Art Exchanger's will not want to miss it!

Have a fabulous day!

Ginger

8 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous,Ginger.....the purple flower is just perfect for it....I'm so loving this class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this class too - and needing to post some of my own creations! This one is beautiful. I love the overall soft pastel effect (i don't do pastels) even though your inspiration colors appeared bright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Love everything about it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginger, you are so versatile with your artwork, I love that you can turn your hand to gorgeous digital cards one day and then produce this stunning canvas the next ... well, the next in terms of blogging!Fantastic stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gorgeous canvas! the purple flower is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so fresh and pretty Ginger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just ADORE this. You are so so creative. Great idea to look through pinterest for colour combos

    ReplyDelete