Update - Mail Art Exchange Now CLOSED.
I know in my previous post I said I would not be announcing the Exchange until September, but I had put more thought into things and realized it's better to announce it now! So here we are...
You will notice I have a page now dedicated to the Mail Art Exchange... Please have a look at it. It will give you background information and explain how things work with the exchange.
I am so excited to share that this will be a theme based exchange! Our theme is:
When I think of Earth , my thoughts go to nature and hiking, I think of green trees and rolling hills, oceans and blue skies. I think of the sun shining down and beautiful moonlit nights.
I also think of things like Greenpeace, recycling and saving our planet.
We are approaching Fall here in the Northern Hemisphere and so with this change comes falling leaves, cooler weather and warm, earthy toned colours like Autumn yellow, Olive Green and brown... these were the colours picked by Lisa, who won my recent giveaway...
- use maps of the earth
- use the colours associated with your part of the earth
- incorporate different textures, for example wood-grains or leaf motifs
- animals from nature that make you think of the earth, like birds or polar bears (or whichever animal from your part of the world that makes you think of nature and the earth); use stamps, draw or find pictures
- finding products you can recycle much like the tutorial I gave here
- photos, magazine cutouts with your interpretation of the theme; use them in a collage if you like
- use a Fall coloured palette with patterned paper, paints or inks.
- create a digital version of the theme and print it out on an envelope, or print onto paper and glue it to an envelope
This Mail Art Exchange is open to anyone, the more the merrier! If you would like to sign up for the exchange, please read this Mail Art Exchange for how it works and what you need to do.
The closing date for signing up is Sunday, September 4th at 1200 noon (MDT).
The Mail Art Exchange posting deadline will be Monday, September 26th.
Thank you to everyone who has signed up these last few days.... I look forward to seeing your "Earth" themed Mail Art!