Monday, July 4, 2011

"Water Overfloweth"... Storytelling Sunday...

I returned late yesterday from visiting my parents and we had so much fun! My two sisters, Arlene and Carmen and Carmen's friend Sandy all made the trek to my home province of Saskatchewan. Our visit with my parents was wonderful and I cannot wait to share the treasures discovered in the weeks to come... But until then I will share a story from the weekend.

One of the things my dad was waiting for, was to take us on a tour of the flooded farmland in the area. We started the journey with the three of us girls in the backseat and mom and dad in the front... just like when we were kids...we were laughing and giggling... "Where's your microphone Dad?", "Your giving us a tour... aren't there any refreshments?"... more giggling and much ribbing... "Oh you kids... stop it!" The three of us chattering away in the backseat, then noticing dad talking and "starting the tour"... "SHhhh"... elbows in the ribs, whispering "the tour has started!"... Uncontrollable giggling... then... "I gotta go to the bathroom!!" We were not even 20 minutes into the drive and this is what it was like all afternoon...

When we came to the obvious overflown water... my attention was peaked... I realized dad had already started driving towards where the water was running across the road... "STOP!!, Stop the truck!!, my mom saying "well your not going to try and drive through it", my voice more loudly "STOP!!" seatbelt undone.. and me frantically trying to get out of the vehicle... mom now saying, "well now you have to back up".... "NO, I am not going to be in this vehicle with it backing up!!" I said, laughing and hyperventilating = (big fear: Vehicle driving into large deep body of water!)

Dad stopped the vehicle but did not understand what all the fuss was about...

Here we are all laughing... my mom was trying to take a photo of me (near the water I might add) and she kept saying "I can't see you Ginger.... I CAN'T see you! Okay mom, it's not like I'm hard to miss... (apparently she couldn't see me in the view finder because of the sun :)

Dad, backing the vehicle up (notice none of us are in the truck)....
Can't see anyone wanting to purchase this underwater farmland...
We were allowed our refreshments upon arriving safe and sound at home!

Today's story is brought to you by way of Sian's Storytelling Sunday (a day late, but you have all week to join in :) You can read more stories here

Have a great sunshiny evening!

11 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun day - waiting to hear the rest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you all got back safely
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny family tales are great, sounds like you had a wonderful weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like great fun...isn't it funny when you get back together with your siblings and you go back to being kids again!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me smile so much Ginger! I love that photo where you all look like you are doubled up with laughter, I could feel that feeling you get when you have been laughing really hard.

    Thank you so much for adding your wonderful feel-good story to Storytelling Sunday this month. And I'm glad you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a great time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So was he really going to try to drive right through it??? Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made me giggle with the way you were with your sisters in the back of the car! I wouldn't have liked to have driven across that road either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, this is one of my worst childhood nightmares - driving across a causeway with water rising on either side! But you made me laugh with your sisterly antics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a funny story! I can just imagine you all.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Ginger that is so funny. So glad you had a great time with your family.

    ReplyDelete