Monday, July 18, 2011

Explore!



Shimelle's class Explore started today! I wasn't certain what the class would be about when I signed up and after reading today's prompt I was excited to get started...

The first thing we were to do was make our "Playbook"... I had so much fun picking out the papers for my book... all scraps from years past. I decided to go with Kraft paper to allow for creative stamping and painting if the spirit moves me... Here is my paper selection... all cut into 4x6....


We were to look for some photos to add to the book, I have a couple I might add, but I took some pictures on the weekend which will fit well, they just need to be printed. Also... I made my book cover... again... just love the colours and had so much fun creating... in fact this is the most no pressure creative fun I've had in weeks!!


Everything came from my stash and it's all old stuff!

Part of today's activities was to take a self portrait with our camera and add it to the book... I took the photo but will print it off tomorrow...

I actually really like my photo...

I haven't completed the "note to myself" journaling... but plan to do that before bedtime...

I'm pretty impressed... from the time I walked into my art room to the time I have finished writing my blog post it only took 1.5 hours! There you have it... most of today's prompt completed and I'm so looking forward to what tomorrow will bring.

What about you? When is the last time you took a photo of yourself?

16 comments:

  1. I am super impressed with your productivity Ginger! I am yet to get started - I am not sure what format I want to take just yet ... too much procrastinating no doubt!

    Beautiful self portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Ginger. I'm in the same camp as Amy - lots of looking at other people's covers but I'm still not sure which format I will take - must decide soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo. I've made my playbook too - like you I had fun doing it and used scraps that were to hand. Looking forward to the journey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your SP and the book looks fab! Looking forward to "exploring" the class with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pic too! I have a strange habit of taking self portraits of the back of my head - mainly to see new hairstyles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great self-portrait Ginger...I am building up to taking one for Rinda's Scavenger hunt! I haven't taken this class, as the timing doesn't work for me...hopefully, Shimelle will do it 'live' another time! Looking forward to watching how everyone else's progress though!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great self portrait, and your playbook looks wonderful. I to wasn't sure what to expect but super excited now

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your self portrait looks great and I love the papers you've chosen. I'm like Amy and Jane in that I haven't started it yet (had an off day what with appointments) but want to get started this morning. Just read the pre-prompt for today so I'm off looking for a postcard too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ginger! Great to see you in class. I LOVE how you made it your playbook with the hand. Great papers too. The one with the bugs all over it is so summer to me. I'm looking forward to this class and I can see you're having as much fun with it as me. Glad to see you, and since I'm here...when is the next MailArt? I received from and sent back a card to Barbara. I haven't posted them to my blog or the Flikr group yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your self portrait is great Ginger! Wondering... does your mirror have those "age spots" or is that something you added in post processing?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Ginger, great job getting your Explore album started - I really like the papers you're using. And your self-portrait looks great!

    I decided against the class because I've got so much going on right now, so I'm glad I'll get a taste of it as you share about it here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ginger! I'm having a catch up today and it's good to get here and see what you have been up to. Your self portrait is great - I didn't sign up for this one, but I can already that I'm going to enjoy seeing what everyone else is posting.

    Your garden is looking beautiful, just perfect for a vacation at home. I hope you have a wonderful relaxing month with a lot of creativity added in for good measure

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that photo of you - very stylish! and looking forward to seeing how the Explore project unfolds. Such a lot happening in your garden too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great self portrait,and love your playbook. I'm going off to do mine in a minute - see you very soon !

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE YOUR ABLUM COVER!!! I love your self photo as well! I look forward to EXPLORING with you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm interested to see how your Explore class goes on - I'm not signed up but it sounded so interesting! Your self portrait is great - can see why you like it! i take one every month at a minimum for my 12on12 but they are always awful and every month, I swear to practice getting some better ones! he he!

    ReplyDelete