Saturday, July 9, 2011

10 Things Update (June Edition)

On June 10th I made a list of goals for Shimelle's "Ten Things". I thought I would give you an update on how I've managed :)

10 "Scrappy, Crafty and Inspiring" Things I would like to complete by July 10th...

1. I love Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesdays and although I have played with her textures I have not done a TT. I plan to participate in "one" TT before July 10th.  I managed to complete this one! You can see my photo here

 2. I feel like I hardly make any layouts anymore! My goal is to finish 2 scrap pages before the next "10 Things".   I actually completed 4 layouts!! One was hybrid and one was digital. Also, I did make 3 cards!

3. "Finding Photo Freedom" over at BPC started one week ago... and it has already opened my eyes to organizing my photos... both digital and printed. I'm LOVING it! I will spend 45 minutes 3-4X/week working on my digital workflow :) I was managing to keep up with class until my computer crashed :) I hope to get back into the swing of things soon :)

4. Attend a crop night with my friends at my local scrapbook store... Treasured Memories... P.S. They now have an Online Store!  Whew... I did get this one in Friday night... it was close though.. !

5. Continue to tweak my blog... I want to add another "page"...  more specifically for the "Mail Art Exchange"
(see labels). I've started this one, just not finished! 



6. I JUST signed up for Pinterest... and I want to start setting up my pinboards so I need to set some limits! **Must limit time on Pinterest to 1 hour/week** (Is that realistic??) Okay at first I thought I was going to have a real problem here! But I did manage to limit my time although it's hard :)

7. Find one new and inspiring blog & share it here. I'm going to cross this one off, because I have a post in mind for next week!

8. OK... I started reading "The Pillars of the Earth", by Ken Follett, maybe 5 months ago... I am on page 304 of  973!!... I need to take more time to read this book! I love it... I'm just not giving it priority... I will have 100 pages read by July 10th. I'm afraid I failed miserably at this one :( I did open the book and I'm almost embarrassed to say I read 1 page, and then I fell asleep! Clearly, I am not much of a reader these days and I wish I could say I was.

9. Make ONE Collage page based on Claudine's "Composition for Collage" class at BPCAlthough I did not make a collage from Claudine's class... I did make a She Art!


10. Plan something BIG for my 300th Blog post! This is partially completed!

4 comments:

  1. great progress! I love that you made a list of things to accomplish and have really followed through - I need to learn from this! I do a lot of mental list making and no follow through! he he! Glad to hear Pinterest is working out for you and I remember commenting that I was in the FF class - I've done a bit fat NOTHING there so I really ought to get moving! Looking forward to the posts you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did a killer job on that list, Ginger!! Very impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have done really well - great to see your progress this month :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you've done really well. Pillars of the Earth seemed to take me forever to read but I enjoyed it, now Tale of Two Cities that I'm reading right now is making me think Why. :) Doing Finding Photo Freedom as an Alum and so far haven't done anything other than print all the class stuff off. At least I've done that though. :)

    ReplyDelete