Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saturday catch up!

I feel as though I have been playing catch up all week even with having Friday off... I did manage to fit in a massage, although my massages are not the relaxing kind... they are more the gotta make you hurt to feel good kind! After the massage I had to dash off to the greenhouse for the last of the plants, which was followed by a doctors appointment and then home only to see some of the shrubs were not doing well in the heat, so another 30 minutes of watering plants! Yeesh! My good friend Brenda popped by to chat and then it was time to get ready for dinner... We took Marvin's younger brother out for his 40th Birthday Dinner to one of our favourite Greek restaurants...

In the middle of all that I did manage to get a card made... which was loosely based on this sketch you can find here.
And here is a photo of the three brothers, with the birthday boy in the middle...
I hope you are all managing to enjoy your weekend!

Is it just me or is the summer (okay, I know it's technically Spring still...) flying by??

10 comments:

  1. great 'boy' card Ginger, I do find male cards harder to make but your is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card for a man,Ginger.Watering plants is the big downside to having them!!
    The mail art book arrived yesterday.....am already loving it....many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool card - nicely done. And I like your new header and background - I usually am looking in Google reader, so it's probably only new to me. Anyway, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice manly card. Sounds like quite a day and I struggle to get my plants watered too (and I only have a balcony!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful masculine card Ginger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great man friendly card Ginger!

    We saw about two days of summer weather here and now it is cold enough to have our central heating on, but that's par for the course here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that card - the image is so wonderful and the colors so bold.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome manly card! I really have to put my mind to it when I create cards for men. Just does not come to me as quickly. Greek sounds soooooo good. There is an awesome Greek place in Orlando....reason 356 for why I'm looking forward to moving back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so impressed you can 'quickly' make a card like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your day off sounds totally jammed! I love the card, great "rush" job :)

    ReplyDelete