Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Aussie Girls Challenge (A Bit Late :)

On the weekend I had spent more than enough time preparing my layout for last weeks Simple Aussie Girls Challenge and just as I was about to start my post the computer crashed! That was Saturday and so now I'm  up and running!

Here is my take on the sketch you can see at Simple Aussie Girls (there is also a download for the template if you wish to do it digitally). I enjoyed what others had posted and wanted to give a go of it...
(Digital papers printed from Jessica Sprague 4 Ever Kit - from Jessica Sprague & Carina Gardner)

Creatively speaking, as most of you are aware I typically use lots of dimensional details in my pages... but I found for this page the creativeness was in the formatting and writing of the journaling. I went back to "Textuality", one of my favourite classes at BPC to review how to do just that. Originally I wanted to do this as a digital page, but then I decided to do the journaling and word art in Word and print it off, thus the hybrid layout you see here.

Thanks for the challenge ladies and I look forward to seeing and trying more!

Do you ever use Word or some other software for processing your journaling?

Have a great night!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks great, Ginger! I love the red white and blue theme, and all that journaling is fantastic! Great interpretation of the sketch - very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is fabulous, I saw on a blog the other day, and I'm sorry to say I can't remember whose, but they'd bought an old typewriter and used that for they journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interpretation of the sketch Ginger. Love how you've swapped it all around!!! Thanks for taking part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your interpretation Ginger. Yes i use word to type on my layouts too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made such a fine job of this page Ginger! No, I almost always handwrite my journaling and I'm trying to get my hands on an old typewriter too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the LO Ginger...I used Word for my journalling too...thanks for the kind comment!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours you've used,Ginger....great page.

    ReplyDelete