Sunday, May 15, 2011

Couldn't Wait Anymore....

Alright... I have seen so many blogs using Kim Klassen's textures... and although I have so many other projects on the go right now... I caved... that's right... today I checked out a few things and very quickly I made this from Kim's Texture Tuesday.... I did not follow her steps to the "t" as I need to review a few things... like "masks". So here is my take on Texture Tuesday.

Here is my before shot... taken right from my point & shoot...


Here is the after adding some of Kim's textures....

I'm not sure how good it is for my first try, but I really like the effect.
You can play along too... check out Kim's site here.

 Hope all of you had a wonderful weekend!

Ginger

8 comments:

  1. Love what this did to the flowers.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. nicely done. I find texture addictive - and rarely use a mask with them. My big aha moment was to open up several photos of different things and to then try one texture on all of the photos to decide which one to work on - because some photos work much better with a particular texture than others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done. Like Helena above I find these things addictive, not just texture either. Meant to say too - love the new look on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like I'll have to cave and have a go too - you have achieved such a lovely effect

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great - I love what the texture did to the colors and how the flowers look. Very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love how the flowers stand out so much once you'd added texture

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how fun to experiment! I need to check out her site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the subtlety of what you have done Ginger - that is always teh tricky part if you ask me!

    You will like masks - they are super easy and when you get the hang of those you will understand the concepts behind making your own digi templates - they are the same thing really.

    ReplyDelete