Monday, April 4, 2011

Pass The Book


I am posting abut the wonderful book I received in the mail from Rinda, who received it from Sian. Have a look at my original post here and my second post here. I am ready to Pass the Book :) I loved this book, it has an energy about it that does not disappoint. Here are a few things I found and liked:

  • It has beautiful photographs of examples of mail art that are quite inspiring
  • It provides history on the world of "Good Mail Day"
  • The book is easy to read
  • Provides the reader with quick tips on how you can make your mail art
  • It encourages art wherever you may be by having a traveling mail art kit (many of the items you already have in your scrapbooking stash)
  • It has kept me mindful of collecting the everyday things, things that I may have passed up before
  • It's easy easy easy, you don't need much!
As Jacky suggested in my last post.it looks like I need to purchase the book... I have done just that!

And if that hasn't teased you... well then I will tease you further...

Here is a sneaky of a piece of mail I will be sending off this week!



If  you would like to know how you can make your mail even just a bit interesting to those who receive it, well then you will want this book. You can leave a message on this post letting me know you would like the opportunity. I will pick the winner 1 week from today. So I will pick the winner on Sunday, April 10th.

As well stay tuned for another post this week as I have an exciting announcement related to "Good Mail Day".

Thanks and good luck!

17 comments:

  1. Ooh - yes, please! I'd love to read this book!

    Sorry folks, looks like comments are now closed.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you enjoyed this one Ginger :) And I'm very much looking forward to that announcement..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice try,Mel...but this book definately belongs to me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, me me me! I'll be finishing up The Homemade Life and passing on by mid-month, so I would definitely have time for this one. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The owl is AWEsome! I would love to get my hands on that book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. How I would enjoy to get mail like this! Fantastic....

    Wow. Again! :-)

    Grateful I found you via Creative Every Day today!

    MY CED check in today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be posting shortly to pass on Inner Excavation, having just finished it. Maybe you'd like to arrange a swap and just cut out all the middle (wo)men? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to read that book! Cheri, I just finished Inner Excavation and loved it!! I'm going to have to check out what Pass the Book is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh i am trying my luck again with pass the book as it seems to just pass me by lol! It has been fun following the books journeys, would lve to read this one, thanks for the opportunity xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. As I already have a copy, please don't count me in - but am posting just to encourage the rest of you to sign up. It's accessible, and great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like a good one! Put me in the mix please. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved the look of the stuff you posted last week and immediately googled this book - it looks yummy and I'd love a chance to play 'pass the book'

    ReplyDelete
  13. HOw totally AWESOME!! Not something I had thought of before... I usually purchase post cards, save them and send them to my friends children with encouraging notes. Would LOVE to see what other ideas this book would have to offer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool! Looks like an interesting book - I'd love to play!

    PS I KNOW I need to answer an email - I'm sorry - will soon, promise!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The idea of mail art intrigues me. Need I say more?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've just signed up for your swap, so I guess I probably need to read the book, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sounds like a great book - just don't listen to Mel and Jacky ok? ;-)

    ReplyDelete