Friday, April 22, 2011

New Header & Another Art Journal Page

Okay, seriously... I miss digi scrapbooking :)  I love the creative process involved with digi ... it's so forgiving... and easy to make changes if you don't like it...  I have been wanting to make my own header for so long and so YEAH for me!! The hardest part was finding a patterned paper that went with the blog background... I was able to change the hue to match it up close enough.  I will be testing it out for the next bit and seeing if it's ME! My thoughts were to include photos of some of my work, as this will give new readers an idea of what to expect, as well, I wanted to include pictures of FOOD, because I love to cook, bake and eat... but then you already knew that ;)

This has been the mix of a perfect evening... pizza for dinner... Hubby has a live Sting concert playing on the stereo and I'm enjoying a glass of scotch! My sister just called... not a perfect evening for her... their basement is flooding... Yikes! With the snow melting much of the lower lying areas are having problems... Unfortunately, many parts of the western provinces are facing these obstacles yet again.

I will leave you with some photos of an art journal/collage page. I have been wanting to use my new roller stamp... you can just make it out in the background of the page (it's an alphabet stamp from Scarlet Lime - not available as it was a one time order, but there are lots of other great stamps in her shop)... Many of you probably know about ARTchix Studios, so if you do then you will know about the Mermaidens... I have had this sheet for some time... I picked it up at my favourite LSS Treasured Memories and set it aside for a rainy day :) This is my rainy day... enjoy!


 

21 comments:

  1. Oh my - I love love that hat in your art journal - just imagine her sashaying down the street ont he way to something fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one of those fruit and cram scones - it looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Header looks excellent Ginger - well done - I am very impressed. Art Journal great too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely new header! I love the idea of including that grid with pictures of all the things that define you and/or your blog and/or your interests. I might have to do something similar. I need to figure out a custom banner for myself as well. Thanks for alerting the BBFS forum - I loved seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. after playing yesterday with my header i was chuffed but yours takes the biscuit, now i want to make one of my own. well not for a while cos i quite like my new lil shabby blogs header but in the future perhaps. thanx for sharing with ur classmates ginger and hope sisters basement empties soon,
    Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new header...and the art journal page is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your header looks great! I like the collage of items from your blog. You've inspired me to think about my own header and what I can change. Your art journal page is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your header is fantastic Ginger - I'm pretty envious of your digi talent! AND the art journaling? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ADORE your new header, you could even occasionally change out the featured works. I got my box from Dick Blick Wednesday, waiting on my box from Scarlet Lime ... then I'll finally get to start playing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great art journal page! And I wish you would pop by an make a blog header for me! Love yours.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the changes you've made Ginger - that header is gorgeous! And your art journal page - fabulous! I'm hoping to work on my mail art exchange this weekend, but not sure it will be that good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your new headers & beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your new header is absolutely FABULOUS!!!! Love the art journal page too. Speaking of digi, Tangie Baxter Studios (who does a lot of digital art journaling) has her annual 50% off sale right now. I blogged it today. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the layers in that art journal page! And so colourful! The mermaiden is the best.

    Great job on the blog...I especially love that the pictures are so huge now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The new header looks great, Ginger, keep up the digi!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great header! I love the colors and that you were able to use it to illustrate many of the things you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks so great! I have been "researching" how to's for a blog makeover and your's is topping my inspirtaion list!
    Art Journal page- FaBulOuS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful blog and art journal page. Found you through AED and am so glad I did. You've got amazing style girl and I hear you that the only thing I'd change about my life is having more time to be creative. There aren't enough hours in the day are there?

    ReplyDelete