Sunday, April 3, 2011

Duty Free

I worked on this layout this morning before heading out to get groceries. I love the colour combination of Navy, Grey & Yellow.
I think this Tim Holtz die cut (blue scrolled edges) works well giving a decorative edge and adds a nice contrast on the yellow papers.

The journaling reads:
     On Marvin's last trip to Virginia he brought back a bottle of perfume from  the duty free store. I missed his text, but knew he would pick something nice. In the past I would have known all the names of the newer perfumes including what wasn't available here, however; since we are no longer allowed to wear scents at work I very rarely wear it, and many times I just forget to spray it on!  I do love the new scent he brought home. I've always been a fan of Dior.

Do you wear perfume and if so what are your favourite scents?

12 comments:

  1. I love your LO & what a lovely OH to bring home perfume :) my favourite is Calvin Klein's Summer (which is nearly running out now and I can't find anymore anywhere!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love perfume and always wear it....though nothing quite as expensive as Dior!! I have a Kate Moss one I love.....also Elizabeth Arden Green Tea in the summer....and a Body Shop Vanilla.I tend to like different scents at different times of the year.
    Love the LO you've made...and I agree about that mix of colours....gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO..DH sometimes brings me perfume if he's travelling. My faves are 'Exotic Poison' by Dior for evenings and I love Jean Paul Gaultier's summer fragrance
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty layout and the scroll border really is gorgeous.
    i have been wearing Chanel Chance for the last 7 1/2 years, day in day out. i love it. i love having "my" scent! i occasionally spray something else (Marc Jacobs - Daisy) in the summer. but 90% of the time, it's Chanel. It feels so luxurious and extravagant to use it every day - sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just reread your journalling - how come you are not allowed to wear scent for work? that would make me so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I work in health care and so I'm surrounded by people who have allergies to scents, it's actually fairly common here, not sure what other parts of the world are like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a gorgeous layout - I really like the colors you chose. I rarely wear perfume because I end up sneezing the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this layout! Yellow and blue is one of my favorite combos too. I like that the layout is swirly and floral but the lines in the photo are straight, square, and clear...very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Before kids I used to wear "Obsession" - since kids I don't bother. Your layout is gorgeous Ginger!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a gorgeous colour combination! I'd love to give that one a go soon.

    I'm not really a perfume wearer, but I do like scented bath oil. Sometimes I get a bottle of Jo Malone Lime at Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the layout, shame you can't wear perfume to work :-( I dally with different ones but always go back to Chanel Coco Mademoiselle although Ralph Lauren Romance is quite nice too.

    ReplyDelete