Saturday, April 23, 2011

Banana Bread French Toast

Yesterday I made some banana bread and hubby asked if I was going to make some French Toast with it... My response was... No... we don't need French Toast... Ha! So guess what I made this morning? You guessed right!

Grab 2-3 eggs - slightly beaten
Add 1/4 tsp Nutmeg or Cinnamon
The zest of one orange
Mix together
Butter, for pan

Start with slicing a couple pieces of banana bread.

Then place them in your egg mixture....



Place in pan with butter... cook 2 minutes each side.


Sprinkle with powdered sugar. You could add maple syrup as well.


Enjoy!

If you are interested in seeing more sweet treats check out the Sweet as Sugar Cookies blog  where Lisa is having a linky party :)

ginger

12 comments:

  1. Yummy! I'm just looking at some recipes for tomorrow.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that looks delicious! Never thought of using banana bread for french toast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I never thought to make French toast with banana nut bread - now if I can just remember that next time I have the bread on hand, right! :>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had banana bread on the brain lately and a french toast version of it sounds even better. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your french toast up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/04/sweets-for-saturday-14_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for coming by and linking up. Feel free to join in again anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum! That looks sooooo good. Never thought to do this - I've had french toast from other breads but not banana. Will definitely try this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm having another Themed Baker's Sunday linky party! The theme this week is bread! I'd love for you to join!
    http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/2011/05/themed-bakers-sunday-4.html
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete