Hi Everyone! I am excited to share an idea with you... Since discovering the "Good Mail Book" I have been wondering how I can create and share mail with friends. One of the things is that, those people I send mail to, although they may find my creativity interesting, they certainly will not reciprocate it (and that's okay). So I started thinking about how I could create mail art with receiving some in return. Because that's what "Good Mail" is all about... you... receiving mail that is not bills or junk, but "Good"
If you missed my previous posts about the Good Mail Day art check here and here.
This is what I propose.... I would like to create a list of addresses of those who would like to partake in an exchange of mail between friends. (This will be a one time event with the possibility of it continuing should you wish). Here's how it will work:
- You leave a comment on this post telling me you are interested.
- Then send me an email with your name, address and e-mail.
- I will create a list with everyone's address and e-mail and send it to those who sign up..
- You can send whatever you like (create a card if you want or write a poem), but send it in a decorated envelope to the recipient on the list (remember, it does not take much to decorate a piece of mail). You can use whatever you have in your stash (stamps and stickers work, or if you doodle, draw or even a bit of paint will work)... Or you could even use a post card and add your personal flair to it.
- I will indicate on the list who you will send it to... the first person to sign up will send to the next person on the list, that person will send to the third person and so on...
If you need ideas on how to decorate your mail, have a look here at the Good Mail Day website, or here.
You have until April 17th to sign up. Then I will collate the addresses and send all of you an e-mail. I will also set a date for when the mail should be posted.
Are you excited to receive some Good Mail? Great, then you can leave a comment on this post and then email me at email@example.com with the information I mentioned above.
Update... the Exchange is now closed.