Saturday, March 26, 2011

Triptych Art Class

I decided to head over to Treasured Memories today to take Lisa's amazing Triptych class... If you don't know what Triptych means... it's a piece of art with three panels that are hinged together. I haven't decided yet if I want to hinge mine or if I would like to mount or frame them... Check them out...

I love the colours she picked for this project and she had lots of stamps for us to create our backgrounds with. Here are a few close ups.


There was a plethora of little goodies to add to the canvases; to help give that extra dimension. Lisa is definitely not short of ideas for fun and creative classes. If you would like to take a class with her, check out the Treasured Memories class blog... and who knows maybe one day she will move into the world of online classes so all of you could enjoy taking a class like this!

14 comments:

  1. Gosh, they are gorgeous! I love the colours too and the detail is just amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are stunning....and there' so much in them....I think they'd look wonderful on the wall.
    By the way....I've already signed up for Christy's next class!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such gorgeous colours here - lovely design and they will look stunning hanging somewhere. very inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love!!!!
    She so has to move into the world of online classes, otherwise my DH will be quite upset when I fly back to Canada for art classes (we've only just got back from a holiday in Whistler). Although he might just come with me for a ski..... :)

    Amazing though. Well done.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those are great. I would think doing three pieces would be daunting. You've done it wonderfully, so rich with details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful (again) Ginger! You are on a real creative high at the moment I think!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, *love!* I have that Tim Holtz bird and cage die - using it in my papercrafts class this week, in fact - and ooh, great use of tissue tape! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great class! these came out wonderful. congrats. visiting form bfs. maryjo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how light your backgrounds turned out. The bright drops of alcohol ink really pop!

    I was glad to see you there, and glad you had fun! You and Peggy are my go-to girls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing as always! This is the first chance I've had to get a close look at your project up close. It really turned out great.

    ReplyDelete