Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Favourite 5...

The prompt for today's BFS is to have us list 5 Favourites... When this prompt came up I immediately thought of food... go figure...  so I decided to break it down even further and list my 5 Favourite desserts...

Starting at the top left and going clockwise:

1. Lemon Tart.... my mouth is watering just looking at that one

2. Berry Shortcake.... who doesn't like whip cream, cake and fruit?

3. Key Lime Cheescake... serious mouth waterage!

4. Salted Peanut Chews... the perfect balance of sweet and salty.

5. Ice Cream... even better home made.

You're probably saying... "what, no chocolate?".... I do like chocolate desserts, but if I had to pick chocolate cake or Key Lime cheesecake.... I'm grabbing the cheesecake... Also, Banana Cream Pie would have made it on the list I just did not have a photo :)

What are some of your favourite desserts?

16 comments:

  1. brownies, chocolate chip cookies, vanilla bean cheesecake, mmmmmm - all of which I have sworn off of indefinitely while I'm trying to drop some poundage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great... now I want sweets, and that is NOT allowed right now. Some of my favorites.... cherry pie, berry shortcake, snickers with ice cream, sugar cookies....and more! Dangit, now I have to go find some fruit. I need something sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! Now I am hungry. It is my birthday weekend so I am having Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Sheet Cake and Chocolate Cobbler. And perhaps lemon meringue pie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, my list would start with chocolate, then maybe pecan pie, pecan pralines, pineapple delight cake, chocolate . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, yum, yum, yum an yum!
    My favorite desserts include strawberry cheesecake an vanilla swiss almond haagen dasz ice cream.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. That shortcake looks so good!! I'm a dessert girl so it's hard to pick a favorite. I usually go for a tiramisu or something creamy and chocolaty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These all look and sound delicious....what is it about desserts that immediately makes us swoon!!!
    My favourite dessert is strawberry pavlova....and I admit to never having heard of salted peanut chews....we have peanut brittle over here...and that is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, all of that looks really yummy! Great list and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mine is sticky Toffee Pudding! Just popped over from Shimelle's class..great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my! I am SOOOOO drooling over here! Lovely little photo block. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mouth-wateringly lovely to look at ... I've sort of gone off desserts in recent years, but a good ripe juicy scented pear is hard to beat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh you've made me hungry! I love cheesecake too, I'm not a cake person but I LOVE chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous list of desserts! Given a choice, I will always choose a fruit dessert over chocolate. Some favourites for me would be apple crisp with vanilla ice cream, saskatoon (berry) pie, and pretty much anything with lemon!

    Glad you liked my phone post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's funny! I didn't see that you're from Alberta until now. It's very nice to meet you, too, neighbour! (I'm also 40!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmm! Now I'm hungry! Though I'll have to pass on the nuts, I'm allergic... So funny, I looked at your photos and thought 'Why is there a pic of a washing machine in the middle there?' Er - that would be an ice cream maker, right?! xx

    ReplyDelete